Treo 680 syncing time with PC - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 680 syncing time with PC - Palmtop ; I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and nothing seems to be working well. Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync? Walt...

  1. Treo 680 syncing time with PC

    I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and
    nothing seems to be working well.

    Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock
    with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync?

    Walt

  2. Re: Treo 680 syncing time with PC

    In article <1170780802.492450.80840@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.c om>,
    says...

    > I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and
    > nothing seems to be working well.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock
    > with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync?
    >
    > Walt

    TimeCopy has worked for me for years.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: Treo 680 syncing time with PC

    It is alleged that just_casual2002@yahoo.com claimed:

    > I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and
    > nothing seems to be working well.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock
    > with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync?

    TimeSync, which is part of the BackupBuddy Pro set. BackupBuddy on the
    desktop replaces the native backup conduit to give you more control
    over what gets backed up when you sync, as well as being able to back
    up everything, not only what Palm says should be backed up. It also
    keeps historical backups, so you can restore from a prior time if
    needed, and it can back up your expansion card.

    TimeSync is an option in the program, it'll install a small app to your
    Palm that runs at the end of the sync process to sync your Palm's clock
    to your PC/Mac's clock.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Maybe she'll be able to join us in Florida. If not, she can clean out
    her room." - George W. Bush, re: his daughter's recovery from an
    appendectomy, Dec 26, 2000

  4. Re: Treo 680 syncing time with PC

    In message <1170780802.492450.80840@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.c om>
    just_casual2002@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and
    >nothing seems to be working well.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock
    >with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync?

    This might be a stupid question, but did you turn off the timesync
    against the GSM network? If not, the two will fight over the time and
    you'll get inconsistent results.

  5. Re: Treo 680 syncing time with PC

    The battery drain is rediculous to begin with and I've read that
    turning off the built in time sync saves a tremendous amount of batery
    life.

    Walt
    On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:32:04 GMT, DevilsPGD
    wrote:

    >In message <1170780802.492450.80840@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.c om>
    >just_casual2002@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >>I've tried several time syncing applications for my treo 680 and
    >>nothing seems to be working well.
    >>
    >>Can anyone suggest an application that WORKS to sync the treo clock
    >>with the PC clock every time I do a hotsync?

    >This might be a stupid question, but did you turn off the timesync
    >against the GSM network? If not, the two will fight over the time and
    >you'll get inconsistent results.

+ Reply to Thread