How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21 - Palmtop ; Hi Folks, I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go. However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length. 1) Can ...

  1. How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    Hi Folks,

    I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.

    However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.

    1)
    Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?

    2)
    How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    to my Zire 21 handheld?

    Thanks a lot.

    cheers

  2. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    dstdst123 wrote:

    >I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    >my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.
    >
    >However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.

    On my Zire 31, I find that if I try to paste in into the text
    field of a memo, I get a notice that it is truncated, but if I
    click on a blank line in the memo name area and paste there, it
    creates enough memos for the whole text (each with about the
    first fifteen characters of the article for the name). I do
    whole books this way.

    --
    -Jack

  3. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    In article <1170569159.064426.114780@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups. com>,
    dstdst123@excite.com says...

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    > my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.
    >
    > However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.
    >
    > 1)
    > Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?
    >
    > 2)
    > How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    > to my Zire 21 handheld?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > cheers

    Try MegaMemo it's free and has a size limit of 32k

    I use iSilo and iSiloX to clip articles from the web on the fly. You can
    filter and strip graphics if you wish. It is very quick.

    For regular clipping, like most of my local news paper or Wall Street
    Journal, Fox News etc. I use SunrizeXP and Plucker.

    You could also use, for every-once-and-a-while clipping, use DocReader
    by Mike Pickering. It is a PC desktop app that can create and read
    eReader files.

    Or paste to a txt file in Win Notepad and drop the file into DropBook,
    the free eReader eBook maker from Palm.

    There are over a hundred other solutions to this.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  4. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    Jim Anderson wrote:

    >There are over a hundred other solutions to this.

    Which is a holdover from the days of 8 meg PDAs.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  5. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    On 2007-02-04 00:05:59 -0600, "dstdst123@excite.com"
    said:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    > my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.
    >
    > However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.
    >
    > 1)
    > Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?
    >
    > 2)
    > How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    > to my Zire 21 handheld?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > cheers

    you could just get ebook studio, and be able to do any kind of ebook
    creation with it. I love it. It only costs 25$.
    --
    -----------------------------
    I only talk like that in the movies

  6. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    You could try MakeDocW:

    http://www.pierce.de/makedocw.html

    It creates PalmDoc files, which can be read with pretty much any eBook
    reader on the Palm. I'm not exactly sure what Palm Reader uses, but
    I'd be surprised if it didn't support PalmDoc. PalmFiction (http://
    sourceforge.net/projects/palmfiction/) is another great ebook reader;
    it's free, and it does everything I'd ever need an ebook reader to do
    (including rewrapping line endings!)

    -- J.P.

    On Feb 4, 10:20 pm, Yoda wrote:
    > On 2007-02-04 00:05:59 -0600, "dstdst...@excite.com"
    > said:
    >

    > > Hi Folks,

    > > I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    > > my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.

    > > However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.

    > > 1)
    > > Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?

    > > 2)
    > > How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    > > to my Zire 21 handheld?

    > > Thanks a lot.

    > > cheers

    > you could just get ebook studio, and be able to do any kind of ebook
    > creation with it. I love it. It only costs 25$.
    > --
    > -----------------------------
    > I only talk like that in the movies

  7. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    dstdst123@excite.com wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    > my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.
    >
    > However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.
    >
    > 1)
    > Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?
    >
    > 2)
    > How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    > to my Zire 21 handheld?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > cheers

    I saw the other posts, and all good suggestions.
    I just want to know what's wrong with using plucker-desktop with plucker.
    Its easy enough to set up all the parameters etc. It can also be set up to
    auto update. Years back I used to use plucker to autograb newspapers.

    These days I still use plucker. But mostly for websites, eBooks from project
    Gutenberg (it has everything in plucker format already), and documents
    which I have De-PDF'd using pdf2html. then plucker distiller.

    On top of that I guess there are the option of converting it to a pdoc file
    and opening it with... something. Heaps of apps can open them.
    --
    -----> http://members.dodo.com.au/~izabelli...tan/index.html <-----
    ===== It's not pretty, it's not great, but it is mine. =====

  8. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    Hello, Tristan Mumford !
    You wrote:

    > I saw the other posts, and all good suggestions.
    > I just want to know what's wrong with using plucker-desktop
    > with plucker.
    > Its easy enough to set up all the parameters etc. It can also
    > be set up to
    > auto update. Years back I used to use plucker to autograb
    > newspapers.
    >
    > These days I still use plucker.

    I agree with you. Esp with freely available hi-res anti-aliased
    fonts installed, Plucker looks great and does a nice job. I use
    SunriseXP to have my PC automatically grab news off the websites,
    as well as RSS feeds, and convert to Plucker format. Then when I
    hotsync it just gets blasted over to the sd card in my palm.
    Works great. Love reading New York Times, Cnet, PalmInfoCenter,
    etc, on the bus ride to work or in line at the grocery store.

    SunriseXP also has nifty plugins for both Firefox and Internet
    Explorer that allow you to send your current web page (or even
    recurse down the pages to a specific level) to Plucker on your
    Palm with one click. Nice.

    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email

  9. Re: How to paste long text to Palm reader ... to read on my Zire 21

    IOpenoffice 2.x will save text into the PDB format . YOu can use the
    Palmreader to read these files.

    On 3 Feb 2007 22:05:59 -0800, "dstdst123@excite.com"
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >I would like to paste long text (e.g. newspaper article on the web) to
    >my Zire 21, so that i can read while I am on the go.
    >
    >However, palm desktop memopad has limited text length.
    >
    >1)
    >Can i make use of the "Palm Reader" on my palm desktop?
    >
    >2)
    >How can I paste long text on to the "Palm Reader", so that i can sync
    >to my Zire 21 handheld?
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >cheers

+ Reply to Thread