4 GB SDCard on the Palm? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on 4 GB SDCard on the Palm? - Palmtop ; Hi, I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not recognises it (Lifedrive does not either). Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can help to use this great card? ...

  1. 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    Hi,

    I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not
    recognises it (Lifedrive does not either).

    Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can
    help to use this great card?

    Best,
    Peter

  2. Re: 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    In article <1169725859.191364.21360@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.c om>,
    "Pete@Google" writes:
    > I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not
    > recognises it (Lifedrive does not either).
    >
    > Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can
    > help to use this great card?

    Something may be broken. The 4GB card in my TX says `KeyMem 133X 4GB SD Card'
    on the card itself but `Card Info' reports `Sandisk Secure Digital Card'.
    This card, and my other 4GB SD card (that says `Mototech' on it) both work
    perfectly well in my TX. The only software I've noticed so far (since last
    summer) that's needed an update has been TealMover.
    --
    SAm.

  3. Re: 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    I have a 4 Gb AData SD card in my TX, and it works fine. It's a bit
    slow compared to my previous 2 Gb SanDisk card, but other than that, I
    haven't experienced any issues.

    Mark

    On Jan 25, 5:50 am, "Pete@Google" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not
    > recognises it (Lifedrive does not either).
    >
    > Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can
    > help to use this great card?
    >
    > Best,
    > Peter

  4. Re: 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    In article , sam@ssrl.org.uk wrote:

    > In article <1169725859.191364.21360@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.c om>,
    > "Pete@Google" writes:
    > > I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not
    > > recognises it (Lifedrive does not either).

    > > Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can
    > > help to use this great card?

    > This card, and my other 4GB SD card (that says `Mototech' on it) both work
    > perfectly well in my TX.

    And, for what it's worth, q 4gb SanDisk works perfectly on my LifeDrive...

    - duncan

  5. Re: 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    On 2007-01-25 22:20:59 +1030, "Pete@Google" said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just bought a 4 GB SD Card (SanDisk) and realized that my TX does not
    > recognises it (Lifedrive does not either).
    >
    > Is there any workaround, patch, fix, application or whatever that can
    > help to use this great card?
    >
    > Best,
    > Peter

    I notice a lot of other posts saying it should work. I had a 2GB
    Sandisk card in a T5 that should have worked but didn't and it worked
    fine in a card reader. The supplier replaced it for me and the
    replacement worked fine. So it could be a problem with card.

    Michael

  6. Re: 4 GB SDCard on the Palm?

    Hello, Mark Woyna!
    You wrote:

    > I have a 4 Gb AData SD card in my TX, and it works fine. It's a

    bit
    > slow compared to my previous 2 Gb SanDisk card, but other than

    that, I
    > haven't experienced any issues.

    Similarly, my new 8gig card was much slower than my 1gig. MUCH
    slower.

    However, I got a *huge* speed improvement after I reformated the
    card to use a 32k block size. To do this, I exported the card to
    my PC via CardReader (a real card reader or Card Export II should
    work fine as well), and then ran format.exe from the command
    prompt. Do "format /?" to see the options - you want to specify
    command-line options for a FAT32 filesystem and a 32k block size.
    Of course this will wipe all the data from your card, so backup
    first. Be careful to not reformat the hard drive in your PC!

    Good Luck.

    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email