DST updater? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on DST updater? - Palmtop ; The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US cities ...

  1. DST updater?

    The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I
    can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does
    anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US cities
    to the new settings at once? TIA.
    - henry

  2. Re: DST updater?

    Go to prefs->date&time and tap your city, scroll down and tap
    edit. Tap your city then edit. Enter the correct info.

  3. Re: DST updater?

    henryp wrote:
    > The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I
    > can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does
    > anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US
    > cities to the new settings at once? TIA.
    > - henry

    I've been using the freeware aDSTKeeper for years. Works very well. I
    *assume* the latest version will know the changed rules for the USA. It's at
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=37164

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  4. Re: DST updater?

    Joe Ringer wrote:
    > Go to prefs->date&time and tap your city, scroll down and tap
    > edit. Tap your city then edit. Enter the correct info.

    That's precisely what the OP does *not* want to do. A city by city change.
    He asked for something that would change *all* US cities at once.

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  5. Re: DST updater?

    It is alleged that henryp claimed:

    > The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I
    > can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does
    > anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US cities
    > to the new settings at once? TIA.

    I timesync my Treo to my Windows desktop, which timesyncs to a time
    server "out there" somewhere. This handles my DST issues.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #81.
    If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed
    him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops
    flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to
    find out what he saw.

  6. Re: DST updater?

    henryp wrote:
    > The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I
    > can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does
    > anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US
    > cities to the new settings at once? TIA.
    > - henry

    I've been using the freeware aDSTKeeper for years. Works very well. I
    assume the latest version will know the changed rules for the USA. It's at
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=37164

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  7. Re: DST updater?

    In message Jeffrey
    Kaplan wrote:

    >It is alleged that henryp claimed:
    >
    >> The USA has changed DST rules nationwide beginning this year. I know I
    >> can change settings city by city indivdually but that's a pain. Does
    >> anyone know if Palm (or anyone) has a patch to update all the US cities
    >> to the new settings at once? TIA.

    >I timesync my Treo to my Windows desktop, which timesyncs to a time
    >server "out there" somewhere. This handles my DST issues.

    I do the same -- However, I don't sync when I'm traveling, rather, I
    just change the city and let the Palm do the magic.

    It would be nice of Palm to release an update, but who knows.

    --
    Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 for the free peanuts
    -- Jeff Foxworthy

+ Reply to Thread