Hi folks.

My Palm TX has been having sound trouble lately.

Specifically, most of the time it doesn't make any sound at all, but
sometimes when there's supposed to be a steady sound (like when I use
BigClock as an alarm clock with a long alarm sound), if I tap the screen
during the "sound", there'll be a little bit of sound, just briefly.

Naturally, I'm wondering what might cause this.

Is it possible it's a software problem?

I tried switching to silent and then back to having sounds in prefs, and I
tried a soft reset. Neither helped.

Or is it more likely a hardware problem? Maybe if I "just" open the case
(with those weird screws and prying the case open), there'll be a loose
wire going to the speaker? Or maybe I'll need a replacement speaker? Are
there other possible hardware causes?

Thanks!