Replacing battery on Palm Tungsten E2 without memory loss? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Replacing battery on Palm Tungsten E2 without memory loss? - Palmtop ; It is alleged that DevilsPGD claimed: > My Copper 680 arrived today... The form factor is startling, it's a ton > better then the 650's form factor for such subtle changes. Yep. > RF and audio performance are noticeably better, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Replacing battery on Palm Tungsten E2 without memory loss?

    It is alleged that DevilsPGD claimed:

    > My Copper 680 arrived today... The form factor is startling, it's a ton
    > better then the 650's form factor for such subtle changes.

    Yep.

    > RF and audio performance are noticeably better, as is the Bluetooth

    Yep.

    > support (At least on my 650, I had to keep my Treo in my right pocket,
    > in my left pocket there would be too much interference with the headset
    > on my right ear)

    "They" still say that for best BT reception, keep the phone on the same
    side of your body as your earpiece, and they're right. It's better
    with the 680, but I still get some static if I have the 680 in a pocket
    on the other side of my body.

    > I'm using Butler to get control of the phone/green buttons
    > independently, effectively giving me an extra hard button (one of my
    > biggest complaints about the 650)

    Ah, the "all in one" option. I'm not using it, how is it?

    > My only real complaint so far is the useless LED. It seems to be
    > randomly red or green, sometimes flashing red while not in service (but
    > not always) -- If Palm would restore the 650 level of functionality, I'd
    > be a happy camper.

    It hasn't been random for me. Solid red while charging, solid green
    when fully charged and still connected to power. I haven't seen it do
    anything else.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #201.
    All giant serpents acting as guardians in underground lakes will be
    fitted with sports goggles to prevent eye injuries.

  2. Re: Replacing battery on Palm Tungsten E2 without memory loss?

    In message <99ttr2ha7515nrotq8knnjn4f5b4ou97dj@gordol.org> Jeffrey
    Kaplan wrote:

    >It is alleged that DevilsPGD claimed:
    >
    >> support (At least on my 650, I had to keep my Treo in my right pocket,
    >> in my left pocket there would be too much interference with the headset
    >> on my right ear)

    >"They" still say that for best BT reception, keep the phone on the same
    >side of your body as your earpiece, and they're right. It's better
    >with the 680, but I still get some static if I have the 680 in a pocket
    >on the other side of my body.

    I've always tried -- However, I use the headset in my right ear, one of
    my jackets only has a pocket in the left. I occasionally toss it in my
    pocket when I'm on the phone if I need a free hand, but otherwise I hold
    it in my right hand (and at home, it sits on the cradle on the right
    side of my head)

    >> I'm using Butler to get control of the phone/green buttons
    >> independently, effectively giving me an extra hard button (one of my
    >> biggest complaints about the 650)

    >Ah, the "all in one" option. I'm not using it, how is it?

    It's great, frees up the "Phone" button to launch another app -- I have
    it launching Comet (http://www.natara.com/)

    >> My only real complaint so far is the useless LED. It seems to be
    >> randomly red or green, sometimes flashing red while not in service (but
    >> not always) -- If Palm would restore the 650 level of functionality, I'd
    >> be a happy camper.

    >It hasn't been random for me. Solid red while charging, solid green
    >when fully charged and still connected to power. I haven't seen it do
    >anything else.

    I charged mine completely, then started to set it up.

    Mine stayed solid red until I left it in the charger long enough to go
    green, since then it acts as expected.

    It flashes red slowly when the phone component is on, but there is no
    SIM, no network access, SIM isn't registered, etc.

    I do miss having control of it -- Flashing green for voicemail, solid
    orange for email/TXT, red/green for charging. However, I knew this
    going in, I took the risk.

    All in all, I'm thrilled with the purchase so far.

    --
    'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never have snipped at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2