Task Switcher? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Task Switcher? - Palmtop ; Can anyone recommend a good task switcher that will run on the treo 650? I want to be able to quickly switch between a word-to-go document, and another program, without having to go through "home" screen. Thanks....

  1. Task Switcher?

    Can anyone recommend a good task switcher that will run on the treo 650?
    I want to be able to quickly switch between a word-to-go document, and
    another program, without having to go through "home" screen. Thanks.

  2. Re: Task Switcher?

    You're looking for McPhling:

    http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/

    (scroll down for it) I love this little utility, it does exactly what
    you're asking for. My only affiliation is as a satisfied customer.

  3. Re: Task Switcher?

    Chuck wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good task switcher that will run on the treo 650?
    > I want to be able to quickly switch between a word-to-go document, and
    > another program, without having to go through "home" screen. Thanks.

    Pressing the home button for about 2 seconds should pop up a list of
    recently used apps.

    Uli

  4. Re: Task Switcher?

    Uli Arzberger wrote:

    > Chuck wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a good task switcher that will run on the treo 650?
    >> I want to be able to quickly switch between a word-to-go document, and
    >> another program, without having to go through "home" screen. Thanks.

    > Pressing the home button for about 2 seconds should pop up a list of
    > recently used apps.
    >
    > Uli

    On my treo 650 it just starts cycling through all of the launcher
    categories at rapid speed. Is there a setting I need to change to make
    it work the way you've described? A list of recently used apps would be
    all I'd really need.

  5. Re: Task Switcher?

    Chuck wrote:

    > On my treo 650 it just starts cycling through all of the launcher
    > categories at rapid speed. Is there a setting I need to change to make
    > it work the way you've described? A list of recently used apps would be
    > all I'd really need.

    It works on my treo 680. I'm running LauncherX, but I've read complaints
    of Treo 650 users in a forum who said that the task switcher did no
    longer work after _de_installing LauncherX so I assume it's a built-in
    feature. Maybe a Treo 650 user can comment on this?

  6. Re: Task Switcher?

    "Uli Arzberger" wrote in message

    > Chuck wrote:
    >
    >> On my treo 650 it just starts cycling through all of the launcher
    >> categories at rapid speed. Is there a setting I need to change to make
    >> it work the way you've described? A list of recently used apps would be
    >> all I'd really need.

    > It works on my treo 680. I'm running LauncherX, but I've read complaints
    > of Treo 650 users in a forum who said that the task switcher did no longer
    > work after _de_installing LauncherX so I assume it's a built-in feature.
    > Maybe a Treo 650 user can comment on this?

    Have you looked at iSpin (http://www.taptarget.com)?

    iSpin keeps your app's open, used it all the time on my T2.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

  7. Re: Task Switcher?

    Gerry (The MOTH) wrote:
    > "Uli Arzberger" wrote in message
    >> Chuck wrote:
    >>
    >>> On my treo 650 it just starts cycling through all of the launcher
    >>> categories at rapid speed. Is there a setting I need to change to make
    >>> it work the way you've described? A list of recently used apps would be
    >>> all I'd really need.

    >> It works on my treo 680. I'm running LauncherX, but I've read complaints
    >> of Treo 650 users in a forum who said that the task switcher did no longer
    >> work after _de_installing LauncherX so I assume it's a built-in feature.
    >> Maybe a Treo 650 user can comment on this?

    > Have you looked at iSpin (http://www.taptarget.com)?
    >
    > iSpin keeps your app's open, used it all the time on my T2.

    Thanks all. I downloaded mcphling and it seems to do what I want.

  8. Re: Task Switcher?

    Hello, Uli Arzberger !
    You wrote:

    > Chuck wrote:
    >
    > > On my treo 650 it just starts cycling through all of the

    launcher
    > > categories at rapid speed. Is there a setting I need to

    change to make
    > > it work the way you've described? A list of recently used

    apps would be
    > > all I'd really need.

    > It works on my treo 680.

    Works on my 680 as well. I think it is built in on the 700p and
    680 only. Was happy to find it... I used to use Phlegm hack all
    the time on my Visor, this is sorta the equal.
    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email