Camera Cell Phone - Pocket PC as WebCam - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Camera Cell Phone - Pocket PC as WebCam - Palmtop ; Is there a PocketPC Camera Cell phone, or just a camera cell phone out there that is programmable (maybe there is an SDK for it) that can programmed into webcam? What are some of the candidates? Just curious if cell ...

  1. Camera Cell Phone - Pocket PC as WebCam

    Is there a PocketPC Camera Cell phone, or just a camera cell phone out
    there that is programmable (maybe there is an SDK for it) that can
    programmed into webcam? What are some of the candidates? Just curious
    if cell phone manufacturers are friendly to open source developers in
    terms of giving some access to basic building blocks of the device. I
    remember for example my TI-89 scientific calculator (not a cell phone)
    had all kinds of tools and an SDK.

    Ben

  2. Re: Camera Cell Phone - Pocket PC as WebCam

    In article <1169319420.564062.269590@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    curious314159@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Is there a PocketPC Camera Cell phone, or just a camera cell phone out
    > there that is programmable (maybe there is an SDK for it) that can
    > programmed into webcam? What are some of the candidates?

    Sure there is. Have you even tried to look?

  3. Re: Camera Cell Phone - Pocket PC as WebCam

    Thanks for the reply Guy,

    Yes, I actually have been looking around and since I am
    very novice to the pocket PC and programmable cell phone
    domain, I was hoping to get some pointers on expert's
    recommendations and preferences among what seems to
    be an ocean of cell phones, camera PDA's, add-on cameras
    for PDA's, PDA's with cameras and no phones, PDA's
    phones with no camera's etc. I am hoping to find some
    good pointers on some of the systems that people have tried
    to develop on - perhaps there is a specific group or a page for
    this, I just haven't found it.

    Ben

    Guy Bannis wrote:
    > In article <1169319420.564062.269590@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    > curious314159@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a PocketPC Camera Cell phone, or just a camera cell phone out
    > > there that is programmable (maybe there is an SDK for it) that can
    > > programmed into webcam? What are some of the candidates?

    > Sure there is. Have you even tried to look?

+ Reply to Thread