Searching for company name on a Treo - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Searching for company name on a Treo - Palmtop ; In my old Palm m130 it was possible to search generally, but I don't see this feature on my Treo 650 - though I do see a button to be used for both capitals and 'search'. But how? Right now ...

  1. Searching for company name on a Treo

    In my old Palm m130 it was possible to search generally, but I don't see
    this feature on my Treo 650 - though I do see a button to be used for
    both capitals and 'search'. But how?

    Right now my problem is on Contacts. If I know the company name but
    don't remember the name of the person in this company, how do I find
    him?

    And of course it would be nice to search the calendar in the same ways -
    as I did on my old m130.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  2. Re: Searching for company name on a Treo

    On a Treo 650, you hit the key with the big black dot on it, in the
    lower left, first (I think its called the Option key) and then hit the
    search button - the one with the little magnifying glass.

    You might also want to consider one of the alternatives for the
    built-in address book - Tealphone is pretty good, with built in search
    capabilities, and alternate views - but I decided it was a little
    pricey at $19.95.

    I also remember trying an alternative search utility - but I don't
    remember its name.

    Dan

    Per Rønne wrote:
    > In my old Palm m130 it was possible to search generally, but I don't see
    > this feature on my Treo 650 - though I do see a button to be used for
    > both capitals and 'search'. But how?
    >
    > Right now my problem is on Contacts. If I know the company name but
    > don't remember the name of the person in this company, how do I find
    > him?
    >
    > And of course it would be nice to search the calendar in the same ways -
    > as I did on my old m130.
    > --
    > Per Erik Rønne
    > http://www.RQNNE.dk

  3. Re: Searching for company name on a Treo

    Dan Kronhead wrote:

    > Per Rønne wrote:
    > > In my old Palm m130 it was possible to search generally, but I don't see
    > > this feature on my Treo 650 - though I do see a button to be used for
    > > both capitals and 'search'. But how?
    > >
    > > Right now my problem is on Contacts. If I know the company name but
    > > don't remember the name of the person in this company, how do I find
    > > him?
    > >
    > > And of course it would be nice to search the calendar in the same ways -
    > > as I did on my old m130.

    > On a Treo 650, you hit the key with the big black dot on it, in the
    > lower left, first (I think its called the Option key) and then hit the
    > search button - the one with the little magnifying glass.

    Yes, I found out that after I sent the message.

    > You might also want to consider one of the alternatives for the
    > built-in address book - Tealphone is pretty good, with built in search
    > capabilities, and alternate views - but I decided it was a little
    > pricey at $19.95.

    It seems to be $24.95 ;-(.

    > I also remember trying an alternative search utility - but I don't
    > remember its name.

    I found several utilities in the net:

    Beyond Contacts:

    KeySuite:

    <http://www.astraware.com/palm/produc...de=30032-000-0
    320>

    Agendus:

    And now you mention Tealphone:

    <http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...are.showsoftwa
    re&prodid=3332>

    I'm already using DateBk6 but it doesn't improve Contacts. But now I see
    several options. And I found out how to search all of the Treo.

    Thank you for your help.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  4. Re: Searching for company name on a Treo

    Per Rønne wrote:

    > Dan Kronhead wrote:

    > > You might also want to consider one of the alternatives for the
    > > built-in address book - Tealphone is pretty good, with built in search
    > > capabilities, and alternate views - but I decided it was a little
    > > pricey at $19.95.

    > It seems to be $24.95 ;-(.

    I have now purchased Tealphone. It is better than having to search
    everything when wanting just a firm.

    The other programs were full PIMs.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  5. Re: Searching for company name on a Treo

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per_R=F8nne?= wrote:
    >> > pricey at $19.95.

    >> It seems to be $24.95 ;-(.

    >I have now purchased Tealphone. It is better than having to search
    >everything when wanting just a firm.

    datebk6 or 5 should be owned by all and findhack for search.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  6. Re: Searching for company name on a Treo

    Gil Baron wrote:

    > >> It seems to be $24.95 ;-(.

    > >I have now purchased Tealphone. It is better than having to search
    > >everything when wanting just a firm.

    > datebk6 or 5 should be owned by all and findhack for search.

    I already use DateBk6 and now Tealphone. I don't know whether FindHack
    should be added too:

    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk