Versamail & Gmail - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Versamail & Gmail - Palmtop ; I have an E2. I downloaded mail to Versamail the other day and noticed that the subjects and messages were not synced up. Have any of you had this problem and how did you resolve it? And now my other ...

  1. Versamail & Gmail

    I have an E2. I downloaded mail to Versamail the other day and noticed
    that the subjects and messages were not synced up. Have any of you had
    this problem and how did you resolve it?
    And now my other question, do any of you get your gmail on your pda? I
    know I can on my cell phone.

    tia
    bj
    --
    http://groups.google.com/group/Fiber-Clan

  2. Re: Versamail & Gmail

    nwspinner@gmail.com a écrit :
    > I have an E2. I downloaded mail to Versamail the other day and noticed
    > that the subjects and messages were not synced up. Have any of you had
    > this problem and how did you resolve it?
    > And now my other question, do any of you get your gmail on your pda? I
    > know I can on my cell phone.
    >
    > tia
    > bj
    > --
    > http://groups.google.com/group/Fiber-Clan

    Hello

    I tried Versamail on my TC with a GMail account. Unfortunately it does
    not work as a regular POP3 server. I have several email accounts and
    only GMail shows this behavior. So I suspect this a GMail issue, with
    perhaps, a not-so-good Versamail management, because I did not have the
    same issue with Thunderbird on my PC. I suspect that TBird remember
    loaded mails better than Versamail, even with the GMail stuff.

    Charly

  3. Re: Versamail & Gmail

    Charly wrote:
    >had
    >> this problem and how did you resolve it?
    >> And now my other question, do any of you get your gmail on your pda? I
    >> know I can on my cell phone.

    I use gmail on myTX with no problem. It is a setup problem if you cannot.
    The secret is port 995 and 587,The 4XX of default does not work
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  4. Re: Versamail & Gmail

    "Gil Baron" wrote in message
    Charly wrote:
    >had
    >> this problem and how did you resolve it?
    >> And now my other question, do any of you get your gmail on your pda? I
    >> know I can on my cell phone.

    I use gmail on myTX with no problem. It is a setup problem if you cannot.
    The secret is port 995 and 587,The 4XX of default does not work

    ....and you have to go to the gmail site and enable POP3. No problems with
    my TX.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  5. Re: Versamail & Gmail

    Gil Baron writes:

    > I use gmail on myTX with no problem. It is a setup problem if you cannot.
    > The secret is port 995 and 587,The 4XX of default does not work

    Works fine on the Zire 72 too with the above ports.

    -v

+ Reply to Thread