Why is Palm Wifi card so slow - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Why is Palm Wifi card so slow - Palmtop ; I have a Tungsten T3 and a Palm Wifi card. I am using it on my home Wifi network. To load a single page from a minimal graphics website optimised for mobiles takes forever. What is the download speed for ...

  1. Why is Palm Wifi card so slow

    I have a Tungsten T3 and a Palm Wifi card. I am using it on my home Wifi
    network. To load a single page from a minimal graphics website optimised for
    mobiles takes forever. What is the download speed for the palm wifi card
    compared with a PC.
    Mick

  2. Re: Why is Palm Wifi card so slow

    ziz wrote:
    > I have a Tungsten T3 and a Palm Wifi card. I am using it on my home Wifi
    > network. To load a single page from a minimal graphics website optimised for
    > mobiles takes forever. What is the download speed for the palm wifi card
    > compared with a PC.
    > Mick

    I would guess that this is a function of working on the card instead of
    in the main memory. My T|X loads about as quickly as my laptop does.

    --
    Ron Miller, Baltimore, MD, USA

  3. Re: Why is Palm Wifi card so slow

    "ziz" wrote:

    >I have a Tungsten T3 and a Palm Wifi card. I am using it on my home Wifi
    >network. To load a single page from a minimal graphics website optimised
    >for mobiles takes forever. What is the download speed for the palm wifi
    >card compared with a PC.

    Have you got the newest drivers for the card?. I also have a Tungsten
    T3/Palm Wifi card. And the combination works quick and great.

    Karsten

+ Reply to Thread