Expense Program for Palm M100 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Expense Program for Palm M100 - Palmtop ; I just got a new Palm M100 with cradle, one month warranty from a local clearance centre for $10.00 Canadian. Works great, but minus a couple of Palm programs, email, expense. I got a replacement email program, Eudora Internet Suite ...

  1. Expense Program for Palm M100

    I just got a new Palm M100 with cradle, one month warranty from a local
    clearance centre for $10.00 Canadian. Works great, but minus a couple
    of Palm programs, email, expense. I got a replacement email program,
    Eudora Internet Suite 2.1, am using the mail conduit part of the
    software which syncs perfectly with Outlook Express 6 (even better than
    the original email software on the Palm). Is there some similar free
    Expense Program I can get that will sync with the Expense program on
    the Palm Desktop 4.1. Will it be easy to install, get working as I am
    not of the computer generation. Thanks.

  2. Re: Expense Program for Palm M100

    pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just got a new Palm M100 with cradle, one month warranty from a local
    > clearance centre for $10.00 Canadian. Works great, but minus a couple
    > of Palm programs, email, expense.

    It doesn't appear to have come with Expense, I suppose being a low-end
    model. E-mail is add-on, added cost. See
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=12589.
    Are you going to use it only for an Expense-like program? It only has
    2MB of RAM, so you could probably either get limited function financial
    software on it with some room left over for some other tiny things, or
    allocate it nearly completely to a more fully functioned financial
    application.

  3. Re: Expense Program for Palm M100

    Thanks M.H. As I wrote, I have a free email program, Eudore Internet
    Suite 2.1, using the Mail Conduit part of the software to sync with
    Outlook Express 6 (no extra cost), works better than the Palm email
    software. I am just looking for a free alternative to the Palm Expense
    program on Desktop 4.1, that will sync with it, or, if not, I have some
    freeware expense programs that I can run separately. For my uses, the
    Palm m100 with 2 megs of storage is more than I will ever use. At that
    price a "no brainer". Thanks again, Ken.

    M.H. wrote:
    > pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I just got a new Palm M100 with cradle, one month warranty from a local
    > > clearance centre for $10.00 Canadian. Works great, but minus a couple
    > > of Palm programs, email, expense.

    > It doesn't appear to have come with Expense, I suppose being a low-end
    > model. E-mail is add-on, added cost. See
    > http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=12589.
    > Are you going to use it only for an Expense-like program? It only has
    > 2MB of RAM, so you could probably either get limited function financial
    > software on it with some room left over for some other tiny things, or
    > allocate it nearly completely to a more fully functioned financial
    > application.

  4. Re: Expense Program for Palm M100

    pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:

    > Thanks M.H. I'll try some of these programs. What I want specifically
    > is a program that will sync with the expense program in Palm Desktop
    > 4.1. From my research so far no such program exists.

    there's some expense programs on www.freewarepalm.com too. I used to use
    one.
    As for the problem with lack of hotsyncing conduits I agree that is an
    issue.

    I do recall ripping the expense app out of a ROM from another model using
    some palm filemanager in POSE and dumping it to my m100. It was a qualified
    success. I believe there were stability issues. My M500 didn't have one
    either when I got it. It was because it was an IBM rebadge of the M500. I
    reflashed with the palm version and all was good.

    > Such was not the
    > case with email, as the Eudora Mail Conduit syncs perfectly with
    > Outlook Express 6, with the Palm Eudora program, in my view, being even
    > better than the proprietary Palm email program. Ken.

    Are there any that are compatible with the normal old email conduit?
    Versamail isn't and that really gets to me. It's one of my biggest gripes
    with the T3.
    I just borrowed "Mail" from my m500's ROM. It runs. Hopefully it'll do the
    job for now.
    --
    -----> http://members.dodo.com.au/~izabelli...tan/index.html <-----
    ===== It's not pretty, it's not great, but it is mine. =====

  5. Re: Expense Program for Palm M100

    > pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks M.H. I'll try some of these programs. What I want
    > > specifically
    > > is a program that will sync with the expense program in Palm
    > > Desktop
    > > 4.1. From my research so far no such program exists.

    I have not found anything either, but sure would be interested
    in a solution. I was bummed to see the expense program gone when
    I moved to a treo.

    I did beam (via filez) the palm expense program from my visor
    over to my Treo 680. Although I could launch the program, the
    treo would reset as soon as I actually tried to do anything. any
    ideas? perhaps there are additional files I should have beamed
    over?

    > Are there any that are compatible with the normal old email
    > conduit?
    > Versamail isn't and that really gets to me. It's one of my
    > biggest gripes
    > with the T3.
    > I just borrowed "Mail" from my m500's ROM. It runs. Hopefully
    > it'll do the
    > job for now.

    Did you try upgrading Palm Destop? Not certain if this is a
    good idea for you or not, but the Palm Desktop that came with my
    Treo appears to have a versamail conduit that let's you sync with
    your desktop emailer via microsoft MAPI - very similar to the old
    "mail" program and conduit (which I used for years with my
    treo).

    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email

  6. Re: Expense Program for Palm M100

    Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

    >> pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thanks M.H. I'll try some of these programs. What I want
    >> > specifically
    >> > is a program that will sync with the expense program in Palm
    >> > Desktop
    >> > 4.1. From my research so far no such program exists.

    > I have not found anything either, but sure would be interested
    > in a solution. I was bummed to see the expense program gone when
    > I moved to a treo.
    >
    > I did beam (via filez) the palm expense program from my visor
    > over to my Treo 680. Although I could launch the program, the
    > treo would reset as soon as I actually tried to do anything. any
    > ideas? perhaps there are additional files I should have beamed
    > over?

    Expense_enUS or something like that depending on the locality of your palm,
    needs to come across too. That's the language file.

    I was thinking that in the case of the OP perhaps borrowing the expense
    files from the older palm may yield results. Taking them from a newer one
    is disasterous usually. Although I was reading an interesting thread on
    adding parts of the T5 palmOS to a T3.
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...ic.php?t=24889
    &postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=5bd5526663514ff9ba53331cda193383

    You'll have to remove the newline from the url or copypaste it in two parts.
    My client wouldn't let me send with it all on one line.

    >> Are there any that are compatible with the normal old email
    >> conduit?
    >> Versamail isn't and that really gets to me. It's one of my
    >> biggest gripes
    >> with the T3.
    >> I just borrowed "Mail" from my m500's ROM. It runs. Hopefully
    >> it'll do the
    >> job for now.

    > Did you try upgrading Palm Destop? Not certain if this is a
    > good idea for you or not, but the Palm Desktop that came with my
    > Treo appears to have a versamail conduit that let's you sync with
    > your desktop emailer via microsoft MAPI - very similar to the old
    > "mail" program and conduit (which I used for years with my
    > treo).

    I haven't found any mention of support in Linux yet. If I get desperate I
    could always set up a local mailserver.

    Mail seems to work okay by the way. Even hotsyncs email without issue. I
    upset it a little with my less than eloquent Graffiti 2 skills (going to do
    the downgrade to graffiti 1 I think).

    Tristan.

    --
    -----> http://members.dodo.com.au/~izabelli...tan/index.html <-----