What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account? - Palmtop ; Hi, we are still using some palm Vx PDAs that we sync with Outlook. I misplaced the software. I need to get software that'll permit me to sync with Outlook. I've got several users syncing with Outlook but I no ...

  1. What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    Hi, we are still using some palm Vx PDAs that we sync with Outlook. I
    misplaced the
    software. I need to get software that'll permit me to sync with Outlook.
    I've got several users syncing with Outlook but I no longer have the
    software. Which version of the Palm Desktop should I d/l?
    What about an Outlook conduit? Can I use the Tungsten E software and
    conduits?

    Thanks,

    Mike

  2. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    DataViz's "Beyond Contacts" works great for me:

    http://www.dataviz.com/products/beyo...cts/index.html

    "Mike" <1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    newsECph.4311$3L1.4078@trndny03...
    > Hi, we are still using some palm Vx PDAs that we sync with Outlook. I
    > misplaced the
    > software. I need to get software that'll permit me to sync with Outlook.
    > I've got several users syncing with Outlook but I no longer have the
    > software. Which version of the Palm Desktop should I d/l?
    > What about an Outlook conduit? Can I use the Tungsten E software and
    > conduits?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

  3. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    "T. Wise" wrote in message
    > DataViz's "Beyond Contacts" works great for me:
    >
    > http://www.dataviz.com/products/beyo...cts/index.html

    Looks good, but we are at the end of our fiscal year and I can't buy any
    siftware.
    I need to use Palm software.

  4. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    Mike wrote:
    > "T. Wise" wrote in message
    >> DataViz's "Beyond Contacts" works great for me:
    >>
    >> http://www.dataviz.com/products/beyo...cts/index.html
    >>

    > Looks good, but we are at the end of our fiscal year and I can't buy
    > any siftware.
    > I need to use Palm software.

    Go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/palm5x/ and you should find the Palm
    Desktop software for your model.

  5. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi, we are still using some palm Vx PDAs that we sync with Outlook.

    Still using my first PDA, a Palm Vx from 2001.
    > misplaced the
    > software. I need to get software that'll permit me to sync with Outlook.
    > I've got several users syncing with Outlook but I no longer have the
    > software.

    Chapura PocketMirror came with the Vx CD-ROM. Also, you should be able
    to sync using the Palm Outlook (E-Mail) Conduit. See
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/outlooksupport.html. I have an e-mail
    conduit from Palm I had to find that wasn't included with the later
    versions of Palm Desktop to sync with Thunderbird (it thinks it's
    synching with Netscape). It also supports Outlook, a few others. If
    you e-mail me, I can send it over if you decided to go the Palm route,
    and can't find it on Palm's website.
    Which version of the Palm Desktop should I d/l?
    The latest available version for Windows seems to be 4.1.4, even though
    it's two years old. For Mac, it's 4.2.1. Unless you're using a very
    old version of Palm Desktop, this shouldn't matter to the conduit.
    > What about an Outlook conduit? Can I use the Tungsten E software and
    > conduits?

    Extremely unlikely. Could try, worse that will happen is it doesn't work.

  6. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    "M.H." wrote in message
    news:QATph.9214$pQ3.9077@newsread4.news.pas.earthl ink.net...

    > Chapura PocketMirror came with the Vx CD-ROM. Also, you should be able
    > to sync using the Palm Outlook (E-Mail) Conduit. See
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/outlooksupport.html. I have an e-mail
    > conduit from Palm I had to find that wasn't included with the later
    > versions of Palm Desktop to sync with Thunderbird (it thinks it's
    > synching with Netscape). It also supports Outlook, a few others. If
    > you e-mail me, I can send it over if you decided to go the Palm route,
    > and can't find it on Palm's website.
    > Which version of the Palm Desktop should I d/l?
    > The latest available version for Windows seems to be 4.1.4, even though
    > it's two years old.

    Yes, I've got 4.1.4E & 4.1.4N. Today, I was looking for a Vx install CD
    that I can use.
    The last freeware version of PocketMirror was 3.1.7 though I don't believe
    it differed
    much from 3.1.6. U used to install PM 2.05 then immediately install 3.1.7
    overtop of PM2.05.

    For Mac, it's 4.2.1. Unless you're using a very
    > old version of Palm Desktop, this shouldn't matter to the conduit.
    >> What about an Outlook conduit? Can I use the Tungsten E software and
    >> conduits?

    > Extremely unlikely. Could try, worse that will happen is it doesn't work.

    Thanks,

    Mike

  7. Re: What Software Do I Need to Sync PalmVx PDA w/ Outlook Account?

    "Lefty" wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    > Go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/palm5x/ and you should find the Palm
    > Desktop software for your model.

    I did that today but couyldn't locate the conduits there. Will look again
    tomorrow.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread