No sync on 7-port USB hub - Palmtop

This is a discussion on No sync on 7-port USB hub - Palmtop ; My Tungsten E has HotSynced fine when connected to my old 4-port USB 2.0 hub. I've just replaced the hub with one with 7 ports and now the HotSync won't go through. The T|E will connect but the HotSync gets ...

  1. No sync on 7-port USB hub

    My Tungsten E has HotSynced fine when connected to my old 4-port USB 2.0
    hub.

    I've just replaced the hub with one with 7 ports and now the HotSync
    won't go through. The T|E will connect but the HotSync gets interrupted.

    Any ideas? The hub is powered and I am connecting to a Mac mini running
    Mac OS 10.4.8.

    BTW, when I connect the T|E directly to the USB port on board the Mac
    mini, the HotSync works fine. It just doesn't seem to like the hub.

  2. Re: No sync on 7-port USB hub

    In article ,
    Guy Bannis wrote:

    > My Tungsten E has HotSynced fine when connected to my old 4-port USB 2.0
    > hub.
    >
    > I've just replaced the hub with one with 7 ports and now the HotSync
    > won't go through. The T|E will connect but the HotSync gets interrupted.
    >
    > Any ideas? The hub is powered and I am connecting to a Mac mini running
    > Mac OS 10.4.8.
    >
    > BTW, when I connect the T|E directly to the USB port on board the Mac
    > mini, the HotSync works fine. It just doesn't seem to like the hub.

    If you stepped up to a 7-port hub from a 4-port model because you have
    more than 4 USB devices connected, could your problem be a power issue?

    --
    Paul of Pemaquid Point
    "Bounding Maine"

+ Reply to Thread