Cold starting a Holux GPSlim240 from Treo - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Cold starting a Holux GPSlim240 from Treo - Palmtop ; Hi. I bought a Holux GPSlim240 to match my Treo 650 a while back. Since I couldn't get I to work at once I put it on the shelf for a couple of months. Now that I'm tracking down the ...

  1. Cold starting a Holux GPSlim240 from Treo

    Hi.

    I bought a Holux GPSlim240 to match my Treo 650 a while back. Since I
    couldn't get I to work at once I put it on the shelf for a couple of
    months. Now that I'm tracking down the problem the sales rep tells me I
    need to cold start the Holux using an app called GPSViewer. It seems
    this app is only available for Windows PDAs and as a Windows desktop
    app.

    Is there any other way of cold starting the a Holux GPSlim240 from a
    Palm OS device?

    alex

  2. Re: Cold starting a Holux GPSlim240 from Treo

    On 10 Jan 2007 05:23:43 -0800, "alex789"
    wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I bought a Holux GPSlim240 to match my Treo 650 a while back. Since I
    >couldn't get I to work at once I put it on the shelf for a couple of
    >months. Now that I'm tracking down the problem the sales rep tells me I
    >need to cold start the Holux using an app called GPSViewer. It seems
    >this app is only available for Windows PDAs and as a Windows desktop
    >app.
    >
    >Is there any other way of cold starting the a Holux GPSlim240 from a
    >Palm OS device?

    I can't imagine why you'd need to do that.

    In theory, if you knew the protocol, you might be able to use ptelnet
    and talk serial to the BT device...

    Rich

    --
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    --Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread