Hello,

I just received a used and abused Cingular Treo 600 that has what I believe
a firmware or even a hardware problem. What is going on is that everything
appears to be working fine except for the touch screen portion of the Palm.
I know that the screen is working properly as I swapped screens with another
Treo 600 and the screen worked fine in the other 600.

Here's what I have done so far.

1: Opened the unit up to make sure that nothing was stuck in the case
pressing onto the screen that may be causing this. Everything looked fine.

2: Swapped screens with another working Treo 600. The new screen did not
work either in this unit. The removed screen worked in the other Treo
though.

3: Applied the Treo 600 Updater 1.16 Cingular patch. Went through the whole
process just fine.

4: Tried doing a Hard Reset. I select English as the language and then at
the Confirmation Screen the system hangs. I cannot get past this no matter
how many times I try. If I just reset it via the button in the back in the
back it will always come to this screen. So to get any further I reset the
unit while holding the directional pad up.

5: Tried the difficult to handle alone Battery Disconnect Reset. I goes
through the motions but then hangs on Step 1 of 5 when asking for the
language to use.

6: Tried the in-Cradle Reset. When doing this the system hangs. I even
tried the other types of resets while connected to the charger and it hangs
every time.

Like I said everything else works so far with the Treo except with the touch
screen ability. Is there anything else I can do to reset the unit to not
hang during a reset to get the functionality of the screen back?