Date book transfer without hotsync cradle? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Date book transfer without hotsync cradle? - Palmtop ; I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync with Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a LONG time ago. I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the ...

  1. Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync with
    Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a LONG time ago.
    I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the date book and contacts
    from the old Palm to the new one.

    Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR connection....

    Please help!

    --
    Ian Cowley
    Royston, Herts, UK

  2. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    It is alleged that Ian Cowley claimed:

    > I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync with
    > Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a LONG time ago.
    > I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the date book and contacts
    > from the old Palm to the new one.
    >
    > Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    > individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR connection....

    Use IR or BT between the two Palms to transfer your PIM data.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "If I am ever the Hero top 100 list: #96. If my Mentor is slain in
    combat with the Evil Overlord or his henchmen, I will withdraw quietly,
    instead of shouting "Noooooo!" at the top of my lungs.

  3. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    In message "Ian
    Cowley" wrote:

    >I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync with
    >Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a LONG time ago.
    >I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the date book and contacts
    >from the old Palm to the new one.
    >
    >Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    >individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR connection....
    >
    >Please help!

    Which Palm?

    --
    Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist,
    but a person who drives a race car isn't called a racist?

  4. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    Jeffrey Kaplan burbled:
    > It is alleged that Ian Cowley claimed:
    >
    >> I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync
    >> with Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a
    >> LONG time ago. I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the
    >> date book and contacts from the old Palm to the new one.
    >>
    >> Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    >> individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR
    >> connection....

    > Use IR or BT between the two Palms to transfer your PIM data.

    Is there a way to do it en masse? I already said that I'm not keen in IRing
    every single appointment....

    --
    Ian Cowley
    "Cows don't look like cows on film, you gotta use horses"

  5. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    DevilsPGD burbled:
    > In message "Ian
    > Cowley" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync
    >> with Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a
    >> LONG time ago. I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the
    >> date book and contacts from the old Palm to the new one.
    >>
    >> Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    >> individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR
    >> connection....
    >>
    >> Please help!

    > Which Palm?

    It's actually a friend's - the one it's coming from doesn't have bluetooth
    if that helps. I think it's an M505 or similar. New one not actually
    purchased yet!

    --
    Ian Cowley
    "Cows don't look like cows on film, you gotta use horses"

  6. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    It is alleged that Ian Cowley claimed:

    > > Use IR or BT between the two Palms to transfer your PIM data.

    > Is there a way to do it en masse? I already said that I'm not keen in IRing
    > every single appointment....

    Depends on the software involved. DateBk6, forex, has a command to
    beam events by category, and you can select all categories at once. The
    built-in calendar on my Treo can beam or "send" (BT) all categories,
    but with limited date range options.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to
    achieve it through not dying." Woody Allen

  7. Re: Date book transfer without hotsync cradle?

    In message "Ian Cowley"
    wrote:

    >DevilsPGD burbled:
    >> In message "Ian
    >> Cowley" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a Palm with a dead universal connector, so it won't hotsync
    >>> with Outlook anymore. And the last back-up to Outlook I did was a
    >>> LONG time ago. I've just bought a new Palm and want to transfer the
    >>> date book and contacts from the old Palm to the new one.
    >>>
    >>> Both have an SD slot - is it possible to use that? I'm not keen on
    >>> individually beaming each and every appointment over the IR
    >>> connection....
    >>>
    >>> Please help!

    >> Which Palm?

    >It's actually a friend's - the one it's coming from doesn't have bluetooth
    >if that helps. I think it's an M505 or similar. New one not actually
    >purchased yet!

    Darn -- I was hoping a $20 bluetooth dongle would be the answer.

    Depending on the new device, I'd hazard a guess that if you copied the
    PDB files to the new device, it just might read 'em automatically.

    If not, grab a third party PIM that allows you to beam entire categories
    at once, at least this way it's only a maximum of 15 beams per app
    instead of 1 per item.

    --
    Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse

+ Reply to Thread