Re: What happened to Palm? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: What happened to Palm? - Palmtop ; Guy Bannis wrote: > In article , > "Shannon Jacobs" wrote: > >> Paul Johnson wrote: >> >> > phones. In either case, unless you're just a rude and obnoxious >> > asshole with no consideration for the person they're ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: What happened to Palm?

    Guy Bannis wrote:

    > In article <45a814ff$0$7432$44c9b20d@news3.asahi-net.or.jp>,
    > "Shannon Jacobs" wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Johnson wrote:
    >>
    >> > phones. In either case, unless you're just a rude and obnoxious
    >> > asshole with no consideration for the person they're calling or
    >> > people in their immediate vicinity, you're not going to need a
    >> > headset since you're only going to be using the phone as a last
    >> > resort in emergency situations only.

    > It's all right to have your own opinion about this and it IS your own
    > opinion.
    >
    > But I wonder if you live in the same world I do.

    Indeed, I do. In this world, school, phone books that have a page about
    basic phone etiquette, and even the Cub Scouts tell you keep the line clear
    unless it's an emergency, and keep it short: Phone calls are rude. Just
    as rude as if someone walked up to you and demanded 100% of your attention
    on the spot without giving a good reason, and just as annoying.

  2. Re: What happened to Palm?

    In article ,
    Paul Johnson wrote:
    >Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

    >> Or I'm running a bit late. Hardly an emergency. Send smoke signals?

    >You'll get there when you get there.

    And the person who is going to meet me there values her time (as do
    I), so I'm not willing to make her waste a bunch of it waiting for me
    in order to please *you*.

    Seth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2