Replacement battery for Palm Tungsten E? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Replacement battery for Palm Tungsten E? - Palmtop ; 1. I have a Palm Tungsten E that isn't holding a charge very well any more. I can charge it fully, then just carry it around unused for a few days and the charge is almost zero. Am I safe ...

  1. Replacement battery for Palm Tungsten E?

    1. I have a Palm Tungsten E that isn't holding a charge very well any more.
    I can charge it fully, then just carry it around unused for a few days and
    the charge is almost zero. Am I safe in assuming that the battery is almost
    gone?

    2. A friend here in Canada told me that Best Buy sells replacement battery
    kits that include a special screwdriver for my Palm, plus a replacement
    battery and instructions for how to remove the old battery and insert the
    new battery. I've just been over to the BestBuy Canada website and can't
    find anything like this but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. Can
    anyone tell me who manufacturers these battery kits? Are they made by Palm
    or by one of the aftermarket companies, that make PDA accessories, like
    Belkin?

    --
    Rhino

  2. Re: Replacement battery for Palm Tungsten E?

    Rhino wrote:
    > 2. A friend here in Canada told me that Best Buy sells replacement battery
    > kits that include a special screwdriver for my Palm

    Staples sells the battery. For instructions on the swap, see this:
    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...Code=_TungEBat
    Looks like you need a T5 Torx ScrewDriver & a soldering iron.

    - henry

  3. Re: Replacement battery for Palm Tungsten E?

    "henryp" wrote in message
    news:1168283483.823846.178180@q40g2000cwq.googlegr oups.com...

    > Rhino wrote:
    >> 2. A friend here in Canada told me that Best Buy sells replacement
    >> battery
    >> kits that include a special screwdriver for my Palm

    > Staples sells the battery. For instructions on the swap, see this:
    > http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...Code=_TungEBat
    > Looks like you need a T5 Torx ScrewDriver & a soldering iron.

    A belated thanks for this information. I will look there to see if they can
    supply the battery I need - after I try the reset/recharge I heard about.

    --
    Rhino

+ Reply to Thread