Palm M100 Software CD - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm M100 Software CD - Palmtop ; I now have a new Palm M100 with cradle, without the plastic cover, but, more important, without the original software cd. Is there anywhere I can download, for free, the original software cd that came with the Palm M100? I ...

  1. Palm M100 Software CD

    I now have a new Palm M100 with cradle, without the plastic cover, but,
    more important, without the original software cd. Is there anywhere I
    can download, for free, the original software cd that came with the
    Palm M100? I have the Palm desktop 4.1 ( which I am currently using
    with a PPProfessional) on my computer + a pdf of the Palm M100 manual.
    Is there anything else, in fact, on the original cd, if so, is it
    essential to obtain before I hook up my new Palm M100? I want to try
    out my new Palm M100 fairly soon as I only have a 30 day warranty. I am
    not of the computer generation so please make your reply easy to
    follow. Thanks.

  2. Re: Palm M100 Software CD

    pixturesk@gmail.com wrote:
    > I now have a new Palm M100 with cradle, without the plastic cover, but,
    > more important, without the original software cd. Is there anywhere I
    > can download, for free, the original software cd that came with the
    > Palm M100? I have the Palm desktop 4.1 ( which I am currently using
    > with a PPProfessional) on my computer + a pdf of the Palm M100 manual.
    > Is there anything else, in fact, on the original cd, if so, is it
    > essential to obtain before I hook up my new Palm M100? I want to try
    > out my new Palm M100 fairly soon as I only have a 30 day warranty. I am
    > not of the computer generation so please make your reply easy to
    > follow. Thanks.

    I think I've got the answer myself. The original software cd has the
    Palm desktop (I have a newer version), the M100 Starter manual (I have
    the full manual) + a link to MS Outlook, link to AvantGo software,
    neither of which is pertinent to me. So I think I have everything.
    Thanks.

  3. Re: Palm M100 Software CD

    On 30 Dec 2006 03:11:50 -0800, "pixturesk@gmail.com"
    wrote:

    >I think I've got the answer myself. The original software cd has the
    >Palm desktop (I have a newer version), the M100 Starter manual (I have
    >the full manual) + a link to MS Outlook, link to AvantGo software,
    >neither of which is pertinent to me. So I think I have everything.
    >Thanks.

    I have found that piecing together bits-and-pieces from the Palm site
    frequently doesn't give you everything you'd need to recreate the
    original CD.

    Rich
    --
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    --Robert A. Heinlein

  4. Re: Palm M100 Software CD

    Thanks Richard. The Palm Desktop 4.1 I have is newer + I have the full
    owner's manual for the Palm M100. Since the M100 has no email
    application, I was able to configure the Eudora Mail Conduit, part of
    the free Eudora Internet Suite 2.1, to sync with Outlook Express 6 on
    my desktop. The M100 part of this application works better, in my view,
    than the proprietary email software from Palm. So I have everything I
    require in software (have many other free programs as well) + the M100
    satisfies my storage requirements very well.
    Richard Thomas wrote:
    > On 30 Dec 2006 03:11:50 -0800, "pixturesk@gmail.com"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I think I've got the answer myself. The original software cd has the
    > >Palm desktop (I have a newer version), the M100 Starter manual (I have
    > >the full manual) + a link to MS Outlook, link to AvantGo software,
    > >neither of which is pertinent to me. So I think I have everything.
    > >Thanks.

    > I have found that piecing together bits-and-pieces from the Palm site
    > frequently doesn't give you everything you'd need to recreate the
    > original CD.
    >
    > Rich
    > --
    > I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    > --Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread