time tracking app? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on time tracking app? - Palmtop ; Hi folks. Is there a time tracking application available for PalmOS that fits this description? 1) Can deal with variable work hours 2) Allows you to enter hours worked, instead of insisting on being a super stopwatch with a start/stop ...

  1. time tracking app?

    Hi folks.

    Is there a time tracking application available for PalmOS that fits this
    description?

    1) Can deal with variable work hours

    2) Allows you to enter hours worked, instead of insisting on being a super
    stopwatch with a start/stop button and no way of recording time if you got
    sucked into something without doing the stopwatch button

    3) Can total up your time worked over arbitrary or at least semiarbitrary
    intervals, like two weeks or whatever

    4) Can handle more than one chunk of time per day (seems to rule out
    the application called "timesheet", but hopefully I'm mistaken)

    5) Is preferrably freeware or even opensource

    ?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: time tracking app?

    Used to use an app called Hourz, from Prot?? something or other, if I mind
    tonight I'll post a link to the copy I used.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "strombrg" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.12.18.00.38.24.422981@gmail.com...

    > Hi folks.
    >
    > Is there a time tracking application available for PalmOS that fits this
    > description?
    >
    > 1) Can deal with variable work hours
    >
    > 2) Allows you to enter hours worked, instead of insisting on being a super
    > stopwatch with a start/stop button and no way of recording time if you got
    > sucked into something without doing the stopwatch button
    >
    > 3) Can total up your time worked over arbitrary or at least semiarbitrary
    > intervals, like two weeks or whatever
    >
    > 4) Can handle more than one chunk of time per day (seems to rule out
    > the application called "timesheet", but hopefully I'm mistaken)
    >
    > 5) Is preferrably freeware or even opensource
    >
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: time tracking app?

    Hourz and Expenz, also has Reportz which you can sync with the desktop
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Fi...ack-1873.shtml

    I've made a list of the things I've put on my Treo 600 for your reference
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrymoth/palmtreo600.htm

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Gerry (The MOTH)" wrote in message
    > Used to use an app called Hourz, from Prot?? something or other, if I mind
    > tonight I'll post a link to the copy I used.
    >
    > --
    > Gerry (The MOTH)
    >
    > "strombrg" wrote in message
    > newsan.2006.12.18.00.38.24.422981@gmail.com...
    >>
    >> Hi folks.
    >>
    >> Is there a time tracking application available for PalmOS that fits this
    >> description?
    >>
    >> 1) Can deal with variable work hours
    >>
    >> 2) Allows you to enter hours worked, instead of insisting on being a
    >> super
    >> stopwatch with a start/stop button and no way of recording time if you
    >> got
    >> sucked into something without doing the stopwatch button
    >>
    >> 3) Can total up your time worked over arbitrary or at least semiarbitrary
    >> intervals, like two weeks or whatever
    >>
    >> 4) Can handle more than one chunk of time per day (seems to rule out
    >> the application called "timesheet", but hopefully I'm mistaken)
    >>
    >> 5) Is preferrably freeware or even opensource
    >>
    >> ?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

  4. Re: time tracking app?

    I currently have an app called PicoTrak loaded on my Tungsten W, been using
    it a couple of weeks. I work varying hours all the time, never the same from
    one day to the next, hasn't been a problem.

    It has the stopwatch start/ stop thing, but I have forgotten to start it and
    it allows you to go in and change the amount of time logged to a project. On
    the main screen, it will show accumulated time to a project until it is
    marked finished, and you can view details by project, client or timeframe.

    It will not allow overlapping time chunks, but other than that, break it up
    as you wish.

    Finally, it is shareware, but pretty reasonable in price ($25)

    "strombrg" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.12.18.00.38.24.422981@gmail.com...

    > Hi folks.
    >
    > Is there a time tracking application available for PalmOS that fits this
    > description?
    >
    > 1) Can deal with variable work hours
    >
    > 2) Allows you to enter hours worked, instead of insisting on being a super
    > stopwatch with a start/stop button and no way of recording time if you got
    > sucked into something without doing the stopwatch button
    >
    > 3) Can total up your time worked over arbitrary or at least semiarbitrary
    > intervals, like two weeks or whatever
    >
    > 4) Can handle more than one chunk of time per day (seems to rule out
    > the application called "timesheet", but hopefully I'm mistaken)
    >
    > 5) Is preferrably freeware or even opensource
    >
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread