Re: Best Treo GPS solution... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Best Treo GPS solution... - Palmtop ; Harlan Lachman wrote: > I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the > GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip > with program and files, and a ...

  1. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the
    > GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip
    > with program and files, and a Treo holder for the car.

    What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS receiver
    & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.

    --
    Please remove SpamMeNot to reply. I apologise for the necessary use
    of this anti-spammation method.

  2. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    In article <1hqiiew.ua5j62ib3y4gN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.Me N.oT>,
    UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:

    > Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > > I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the
    > > GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip
    > > with program and files, and a Treo holder for the car.

    > What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS receiver
    > & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    > combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    > & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.

    Don't use a BT headset so cannot comment.

    To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

  3. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > In article <1hqiiew.ua5j62ib3y4gN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.Me N.oT>,
    > UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:
    >
    >> Harlan Lachman wrote:
    >>> I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the
    >>> GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip
    >>> with program and files, and a Treo holder for the car.

    >> What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS receiver
    >> & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    >> combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    >> & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.

    > Don't use a BT headset so cannot comment.

    I heard that 680 can handle both things at the same time. It is my
    guess that 750 can as well. I do not think that 650 can, and i do not
    know anything about 700?

    JonB

  4. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    The Treo 650 can only connect to 1 bluetooth device at a time so it is
    either the GPS receiver or the Bluetooth headset... at least mine does that.

    "Harlan Lachman" wrote in message
    > In article <1hqiiew.ua5j62ib3y4gN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.Me N.oT>,
    > UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:
    >
    > > Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > > > I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the
    > > > GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip
    > > > with program and files, and a Treo holder for the car.

    > > What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS receiver
    > > & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    > > combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    > > & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.

    > Don't use a BT headset so cannot comment.
    >
    > --
    > To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

  5. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    Well for me, my Treo 650 would immediately go to the phone "ringing" screen
    and exit the Navigator software (which I found annoying). It didn't reboot.
    However, after this happened a few times while I was driving and following a
    route, I bought a 2nd hand PalmTX and used it as my GPS unit.

    "Kwan Yeoh" wrote in message
    news:1hqiiew.ua5j62ib3y4gN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.Sp Am.MeN.oT...
    > Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > > I have had some success with TomTom's Navigator 6. For $300, I got the
    > > GPS receiver, a new power cord (for both Treo and GPS receiver, a chip
    > > with program and files, and a Treo holder for the car.

    > What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS receiver
    > & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    > combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    > & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.
    >

    > --
    > Please remove SpamMeNot to reply. I apologise for the necessary use
    > of this anti-spammation method.

  6. Re: Best Treo GPS solution...

    Yes, I've heard the same thing. The 680 is supposed to support more than 1
    bluetooth device at the same time (depending on the device) since it
    supports the more recent bluetooth v1.2 whereas the Treo 650 supports
    bluetooth v1.1

    "Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
    > Harlan Lachman wrote:
    > > In article <1hqiiew.ua5j62ib3y4gN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.Me N.oT>,
    > > UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:

    > >> What happens if you receive a phone call while using the BT GPS

    receiver
    > >> & the Treo tries to connect to your BT headset? I dabbled with this
    > >> combination last year & found that the Treo 650 would immediately crash
    > >> & restart. So I returned the GPS device & bought a standalone unit.

    > > Don't use a BT headset so cannot comment.

    > I heard that 680 can handle both things at the same time. It is my
    > guess that 750 can as well. I do not think that 650 can, and i do not
    > know anything about 700?
    >

    > JonB

+ Reply to Thread