Treo 650 and comma ... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 650 and comma ... - Palmtop ; I have just purchased a Treo 650 and I have to ask: How do you write a comma, a ',', on such a pda? Just look: No comma! And I'm serious. -- Per Erik Rønne http://www.RQNNE.dk...

  1. Treo 650 and comma ...

    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  2. Re: Treo 650 and comma ...

    In article <1hqdh7p.kykylf1udx85rN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
    Per Rønne wrote:
    >I have just purchased a Treo 650 and I have to ask: How do you write a
    >comma, a ',', on such a pda?
    >
    >Just look:
    >

    >No comma!
    >
    >And I'm serious.

    Look harder, like right under the 'M'.

    Seth

  3. Re: Treo 650 and comma ...

    Seth Breidbart wrote:

    > In article <1hqdh7p.kykylf1udx85rN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
    > Per Rønne wrote:
    > >I have just purchased a Treo 650 and I have to ask: How do you write a
    > >comma, a ',', on such a pda?
    > >
    > >Just look:
    > >

    > >No comma!
    > >
    > >And I'm serious.

    > Look harder, like right under the 'M'.

    It didn't look like comma but like ' - and " -

    Experiments, though, prove that it is , - and " -

    Thank you very much.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  4. Re: Treo 650 and comma ...

    It is alleged that Seth Breidbart claimed:

    > In article <1hqdh7p.kykylf1udx85rN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
    > Per Rønne wrote:
    > >I have just purchased a Treo 650 and I have to ask: How do you write a
    > >comma, a ',', on such a pda?
    > >
    > >Just look:
    > >

    > >No comma!
    > >
    > >And I'm serious.

    > Look harder, like right under the 'M'.

    Technically, it's over the "M". Opt-M for the comma, Opt-L for an
    apostrophe. Opt-K for a colon, Opt-K-Alt to get a semi-colon. And
    other wonderful and sundry characters are thus "hidden" behind a
    character-Alt combo.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #183.
    Before using any device which transfers energy directly into my body, I
    will install a surge suppressor.

  5. Re: Treo 650 and comma ...

    In article ,
    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    >It is alleged that Seth Breidbart claimed:
    >> In article <1hqdh7p.kykylf1udx85rN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
    >> Per Rønne wrote:
    >> >I have just purchased a Treo 650 and I have to ask: How do you write a
    >> >comma, a ',', on such a pda?
    >> >
    >> >Just look:
    >> >

    >> >No comma!
    >> >
    >> >And I'm serious.

    >> Look harder, like right under the 'M'.

    >Technically, it's over the "M".

    On that page, it's under. I don't have a Treo, I just went to the
    page and let my browser search for a comma.

    Seeth

  6. Re: Treo 650 and comma ...

    It is alleged that Seth Breidbart claimed:

    > >> Look harder, like right under the 'M'.

    > >Technically, it's over the "M".

    > On that page, it's under. I don't have a Treo, I just went to the
    > page and let my browser search for a comma.

    Look on a Treo keypad. The "other" characters are printed +above+ the
    letters.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    DISCLAIMER: Simulated picture.