Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650 - Palmtop ; What are the main advantages to upgrading from the Treo 650 to the 680? (I'm on Cingular.) Thanks in advance ......

  1. Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650

    What are the main advantages to upgrading from the Treo 650 to the 680?
    (I'm on Cingular.)

    Thanks in advance ...

  2. Re: Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650

    R. Barre wrote:
    > What are the main advantages to upgrading from the Treo 650 to the 680?
    > (I'm on Cingular.)

    More memory, no antenna, should be more stable, better bluetooth,
    faster EDGE, better integrated music player.

    But i would advice you to visit treocentral.com, they have alot of
    postings in their forum for the 680.

    I'm thinking about replacing my 650 with a 680, but i can not get my
    hands on an orange in Europa yet. So i'll wait.

    JonB

  3. Re: Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650

    In message Jon Bendtsen
    wrote:

    >R. Barre wrote:
    >> What are the main advantages to upgrading from the Treo 650 to the 680?
    >> (I'm on Cingular.)

    >More memory, no antenna, should be more stable, better bluetooth,
    >faster EDGE, better integrated music player.
    >
    >But i would advice you to visit treocentral.com, they have alot of
    >postings in their forum for the 680.
    >
    >I'm thinking about replacing my 650 with a 680, but i can not get my
    >hands on an orange in Europa yet. So i'll wait.

    Plus 28MB cache, which should make a HUGE difference in stability.

    I'm in Canada and going to jump through some hoops to import an unlocked
    680 from the US, I could grab a second and ship it out if you're
    interested.

    --
    Why do they call it your "bottom", when it's really in the middle of your body?

  4. Re: Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message Jon Bendtsen
    > wrote:
    >
    >> R. Barre wrote:
    >>> What are the main advantages to upgrading from the Treo 650 to the 680?
    >>> (I'm on Cingular.)

    >> More memory, no antenna, should be more stable, better bluetooth,
    >> faster EDGE, better integrated music player.
    >>
    >> But i would advice you to visit treocentral.com, they have alot of
    >> postings in their forum for the 680.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking about replacing my 650 with a 680, but i can not get my
    >> hands on an orange in Europa yet. So i'll wait.

    > Plus 28MB cache, which should make a HUGE difference in stability.
    >
    > I'm in Canada and going to jump through some hoops to import an unlocked
    > 680 from the US, I could grab a second and ship it out if you're
    > interested.

    Thanks, but i would worry about getting a legit invoice since i have a
    company that pays for such stuff. Also warrenty and such. So i'll wait
    until they release it, and stick to my 650 so far. But thanks for the
    offer.

  5. Re: Thinking of Treo 680 to replace 650

    In message Jon Bendtsen
    wrote:

    >DevilsPGD wrote:
    >> In message Jon Bendtsen
    >> wrote:

    >>> More memory, no antenna, should be more stable, better bluetooth,
    >>> faster EDGE, better integrated music player.
    >>>
    >>> But i would advice you to visit treocentral.com, they have alot of
    >>> postings in their forum for the 680.
    >>>
    >>> I'm thinking about replacing my 650 with a 680, but i can not get my
    >>> hands on an orange in Europa yet. So i'll wait.

    >> Plus 28MB cache, which should make a HUGE difference in stability.
    >>
    >> I'm in Canada and going to jump through some hoops to import an unlocked
    >> 680 from the US, I could grab a second and ship it out if you're
    >> interested.

    >Thanks, but i would worry about getting a legit invoice since i have a
    >company that pays for such stuff. Also warrenty and such. So i'll wait
    >until they release it, and stick to my 650 so far. But thanks for the
    >offer.

    I actually run a consulting and computer hardware supply business myself
    and could generate a legitimate invoice, which would take care of the
    invoicing requirements for your company.

    However that doesn't fix the warranty issue, which will always be a
    hassle when dealing across the ocean -- You could ship it to Palm
    directly, but the return shipping would have to go through me again,
    which could get to be a pain, although I'd happily handle it. I'm not
    sure I'd be willing to wait the extra time to ship through a third
    party, or pay the extra expense for double-shipping across the pond if a
    warranty issue did arise.

    For my part, I'll just have it shipped to my US business address and
    pick it up when I'm down there in a few weeks.

    --
    The preceding post may have contained unsuitable materials
    and should not have been read by small children.

+ Reply to Thread