TX digitizer trouble - available software fixes? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX digitizer trouble - available software fixes? - Palmtop ; Hi folks. I have a TX that I've been mostly happy with. Sometimes it resets for no good reason when I'm using Wifi, but other than that it worked great until recently. Now, I've got (or had, depending on how ...

  1. TX digitizer trouble - available software fixes?

    Hi folks.

    I have a TX that I've been mostly happy with. Sometimes it resets for no
    good reason when I'm using Wifi, but other than that it worked great until
    recently.

    Now, I've got (or had, depending on how you look at it) digitizer trouble,
    and yes, it was associated with quite a fall, and the damage
    occured despite my Rhinoskin case.

    But I found a shareware program called PowerDiGi that seems to take care
    of the digitizer problem quite well. It's at http://palmpowerups.com/

    It's different from most software digitizer fixers, as far as I have seen
    so far, in that it:

    1) Doesn't just ask you to tap - it asks you to hold your stylus in
    position, and then press a hardware button to acknowledge that your
    stylus is truly in the right spot. This tends to reduce the "Oops, I
    didn't tap quite where I intended to" problem

    2) Allows (but doesn't require) you to tap in a -lot- of places on the
    screen, so if you have a digitizer problem that isn't corrected by the
    usual/simple three tap scheme, PowerDiGi might be just what you need.

    But I have to wonder - is there a freeware digitizer fixer that works at
    all similarly? PowerDiGi is only $10.95, but being a Linux geek, I'm used
    to getting my software for free and with source

    Thanks!

  2. Re: TX digitizer trouble - available software fixes?

    Go to http://www.Freewarepalm.com and do a search (at the top of the page).
    There are some programs there.

+ Reply to Thread