Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop - Palmtop ; Hi, Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list. What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that. Thanks Fred...

  1. Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    Hi,

    Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.

    Thanks
    Fred

  2. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    It is alleged that Fred claimed:

    > Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    > What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.

    If you use MS Office, switch to using Outlook, then you can print your
    labels (and envelopes) from Word, or maybe from Outlook.

    AAMOF, that is the reason why I switched to using Outlook for my
    desktop PIM from Palm Desktop - can't do envelopes and labels from Palm
    Desktop.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    'The Computer made me do it.'

  3. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    "Fred" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    > What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Fred

    Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on Avery
    stickers.

  4. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    Hi,

    That's what I did.

    Exported the contacts to a csv file.
    Read the file into Excel and added a title row.
    Then used an old Microsoft publishing program to do a mail merge from the
    Excel file.
    It worked great.

    Thanks for all of the comments,

    Fred

    "H500" wrote in message
    news:ZqBeh.8253$sf5.2369@newsread4.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
    > "Fred" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    >> What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Fred
    >>

    > Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on Avery
    > stickers.

  5. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:20:11 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan
    wrote:

    >AAMOF, that is the reason why I switched to using Outlook for my
    >desktop PIM from Palm Desktop - can't do envelopes and labels from Palm
    >Desktop.

    Maybe:
    http://www.quartztechnologies.com/en...tor/index.html

    Willem.

    --
    Strip s from wblinks for email.

  6. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    This looks nice. It reduces the number of steps to print labels.

    Anybody using it?

    Fred
    "Willem van den Blink" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:20:11 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan
    > wrote:
    >
    >>AAMOF, that is the reason why I switched to using Outlook for my
    >>desktop PIM from Palm Desktop - can't do envelopes and labels from Palm
    >>Desktop.

    > Maybe:
    > http://www.quartztechnologies.com/en...tor/index.html
    >
    > Willem.
    >
    > --
    > Strip s from wblinks for email.

  7. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    > Hi,
    >
    > Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    > What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Fred

    Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on Avery
    stickers

  8. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    H500 wrote:

    > "Fred" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    >> What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Fred
    >>

    > Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on Avery
    > stickers.

    Excel is expensive. What's wrong with OpenOffice.org Calc for doing this?

  9. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    > H500 wrote:
    >
    >> "Fred" wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    >>> What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Fred
    >>>

    >> Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on
    >> Avery
    >> stickers.

    > Excel is expensive. What's wrong with OpenOffice.org Calc for doing this?
    >
    > --

    That's a good idea. Does OpenOffice print avery labels?

  10. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    Or buy a Dymo Labelwriter. It works well with the Palm Desktop and Word and
    Outlook and ????

    Sam

    "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    > H500 wrote:
    >
    >> "Fred" wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Want to print postal labels from the Palm Desktop contacts list.
    >>> What is the easiest and cheapest way to do that.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Fred
    >>>

    >> Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on
    >> Avery
    >> stickers.

    > Excel is expensive. What's wrong with OpenOffice.org Calc for doing this?
    >
    > --

  11. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    H500 wrote:
    > "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    >> H500 wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Fred" wrote in message

    >>> Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on
    >>> Avery
    >>> stickers.

    >> Excel is expensive. What's wrong with OpenOffice.org Calc for doing
    >> this? --

    > That's a good idea. Does OpenOffice print avery labels?

    Yes, very easily. Have done it many times. And envelopes. Check the
    documentation on their web pages (www.openoffice.org and follow your nose).

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  12. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    Willem,

    I checked out the reference you gave,

    It appears to do envelopes, but does not do labels.

    Fred
    "Fred" wrote in message
    > This looks nice. It reduces the number of steps to print labels.
    >
    > Anybody using it?
    >
    > Fred
    > "Willem van den Blink" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:20:11 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>AAMOF, that is the reason why I switched to using Outlook for my
    >>>desktop PIM from Palm Desktop - can't do envelopes and labels from Palm
    >>>Desktop.

    >> Maybe:
    >> http://www.quartztechnologies.com/en...tor/index.html
    >>
    >> Willem.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Strip s from wblinks for email.

  13. Re: Want to print postal labels from Palm Desktop

    H500 wrote:

    > "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    >> H500 wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Fred" wrote in message

    >>> Copy the fields into Excel and use Word's label function to print on
    >>> Avery
    >>> stickers.

    >> Excel is expensive. What's wrong with OpenOffice.org Calc for doing
    >> this?
    >>
    >> --

    > That's a good idea. Does OpenOffice print avery labels?

    I don't see why it can't... really all you're doing is pulling from cells in
    a spreadsheet (or better yet, fields from a DB) and formatting to avoid
    label perforations. People have been doing exactly that with the office
    suite flavor of the week since the '80s.