Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4? - Palmtop ; Hello - I've just bought a Tungsten E from ebay (knockdown price etc) and want to use it with two Macs. One is a CRT iMac running OS 10.3.9, the other an LCD pre-Intel iMac running 10.4.4. Naturally the Palm ...

  1. Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4?

    Hello - I've just bought a Tungsten E from ebay (knockdown price etc)
    and want to use it with two Macs. One is a CRT iMac running OS 10.3.9,
    the other an LCD pre-Intel iMac running 10.4.4. Naturally the Palm site
    is baffling and incomprehensible so can you suggest which versions of
    Palm Desktop I need?

    The Palm site is suggesting Palm Desktop 4.2.1 for the Tungsten E but
    it seems that is not compatible with any OS above 10.3.3.

    Any help gratefully received,

    Thanks, ANDREW

  2. Re: Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4?

    In article <1165602821.391973.220340@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    andrew.harrison4@virgin.net wrote:

    > Hello - I've just bought a Tungsten E from ebay (knockdown price etc)
    > and want to use it with two Macs. One is a CRT iMac running OS 10.3.9,
    > the other an LCD pre-Intel iMac running 10.4.4. Naturally the Palm site
    > is baffling and incomprehensible so can you suggest which versions of
    > Palm Desktop I need?
    >
    > The Palm site is suggesting Palm Desktop 4.2.1 for the Tungsten E but
    > it seems that is not compatible with any OS above 10.3.3.

    Happily running Palm Desktop 4.2.1 with Mac OS 10.4.6.

    If the Palm site says it's not compatible with any Mac OS above 10.3.3,
    then download an older version.

  3. Re: Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4?

    On 2006-12-08 12:33:41 -0600, andrew.harrison4@virgin.net said:

    > Hello - I've just bought a Tungsten E from ebay (knockdown price etc)
    > and want to use it with two Macs. One is a CRT iMac running OS 10.3.9,
    > the other an LCD pre-Intel iMac running 10.4.4. Naturally the Palm site
    > is baffling and incomprehensible so can you suggest which versions of
    > Palm Desktop I need?
    >
    > The Palm site is suggesting Palm Desktop 4.2.1 for the Tungsten E but
    > it seems that is not compatible with any OS above 10.3.3.
    >
    > Any help gratefully received,
    >
    > Thanks, ANDREW

    This probably isn't the advice you were looking for, but you should
    definitely check out the missing sync from markspace.com. It blows the
    pants off the palm desktop stuff.
    --
    I only talk like that in the movies

  4. Re: Tungsten E vs Mac OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.4?

    "This isn't the advice you were looking for" - isn't that Obi Wan's
    line?

    Thanks for the tip, Yoda!

+ Reply to Thread