Security data wipe? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Security data wipe? - Palmtop ; I'm going to be giving my Palm device to my brother in law-- but want to do a security wipe (not just delete data) before I give it to him. Any programs to do that-- especially freeware/shareware? Frank...

  1. Security data wipe?

    I'm going to be giving my Palm device to my brother in law-- but want to do
    a security wipe (not just delete data) before I give it to him.

    Any programs to do that-- especially freeware/shareware?

    Frank

  2. Re: Security data wipe?

    Do a hard reset

  3. Re: Security data wipe?

    It is alleged that Erik claimed:

    > Do a hard reset

    If you're looking for a "security" wipe, then a hard reset is not
    enough on an NVFS device. For that, you need to do a factory or "zero
    out" reset.

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qove

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #140.
    I will instruct my guards when checking a cell that appears empty to
    look for the chamber pot. If the chamber pot is still there, then the
    prisoner has escaped and they may enter and search for clues. If the
    chamber pot is not there, then either the prisoner is perched above the
    lintel waiting to strike them with it or else he decided to take it as
    a souvenir (in which case he is obviously deeply disturbed and poses no
    threat). Either way, there's no point in entering.

  4. Re: Security data wipe?

    It is alleged that Francis Galton claimed:

    No software needed. http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qove

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Wait a minute. You're saying just because I'm holding this right now,
    I'm green leader? But I'm human." "Rules of combat older than contact
    with other races. Did not mention aliens." (Cmdr. Ivanova and Green
    Drazi, B5 "The Geometry Of Shadows")

  5. Re: Security data wipe?

    "Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote in message
    news:rmign214im1um6d70ckqs1tmoepfaobcda@gordol.org ...
    > It is alleged that Francis Galton claimed:
    >
    >> I'm going to be giving my Palm device to my brother in law-- but want to
    >> do
    >> a security wipe (not just delete data) before I give it to him.
    >>
    >> Any programs to do that-- especially freeware/shareware?

    > No software needed. http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qove
    >
    > --

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread