T|X Hotsync problems - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T|X Hotsync problems - Palmtop ; I just got a new T|X, and I love it The hotsyncing is erratic. I seem to be able to sync when I leave the house, but my desktop will not recognize the T|X whan T return. A simple restart ...

  1. T|X Hotsync problems

    I just got a new T|X, and I love it

    The hotsyncing is erratic. I seem to be able to sync when I leave the
    house, but my desktop will not recognize the T|X whan T return.

    A simple restart of my desktop does not seem to work, I seem to need to
    turn the power off rather than going through the normal winXP shutdown
    cycle. It seems that a single hotsync makes it difficult for the computer
    to recognize the T|X when I return

    Any ideas or direction would be appreceated. calgaryNW@XgmailX.com

  2. Re: T|X Hotsync problems

    In article ,
    calgaryNW wrote:
    >I just got a new T|X, and I love it
    >
    >The hotsyncing is erratic. I seem to be able to sync when I leave the
    >house, but my desktop will not recognize the T|X whan T return.
    >
    >A simple restart of my desktop does not seem to work, I seem to need to
    >turn the power off rather than going through the normal winXP shutdown
    >cycle. It seems that a single hotsync makes it difficult for the computer
    >to recognize the T|X when I return
    >
    >Any ideas or direction would be appreceated. calgaryNW@XgmailX.com

    What software do you have installed? In particular, any backup
    programs (e.g. BackupBuddy)?

    If you had another version of the desktop for an older Palm, you need
    to uninstall it to force the T|X version to install.

    Seth

  3. Re: T|X Hotsync problems

    sethb@panix.com (Seth Breidbart) wrote in

    > In article ,
    > calgaryNW wrote:
    >>I just got a new T|X, and I love it
    >>
    >>The hotsyncing is erratic. I seem to be able to sync when I leave the
    >>house, but my desktop will not recognize the T|X whan T return.
    >>
    >>A simple restart of my desktop does not seem to work, I seem to need
    >>to turn the power off rather than going through the normal winXP
    >>shutdown cycle. It seems that a single hotsync makes it difficult for
    >>the computer to recognize the T|X when I return
    >>
    >>Any ideas or direction would be appreceated. calgaryNW@XgmailX.com

    > What software do you have installed? In particular, any backup
    > programs (e.g. BackupBuddy)?
    >
    > If you had another version of the desktop for an older Palm, you need
    > to uninstall it to force the T|X version to install.
    >
    > Seth

    Thanks Seth, No older version of Palm software, I am a latr adapter, this
    is my first palm

    However<< I do have backup software, an freeware prog called backup4all,
    and coincidently, I backup to a USB thumb drive, and I do backup my PALM
    data to there tooo, could this be an issue??

  4. Re: T|X Hotsync problems

    In article ,
    calgaryNW wrote:

    >However<< I do have backup software, an freeware prog called backup4all,
    >and coincidently, I backup to a USB thumb drive, and I do backup my PALM
    >data to there tooo, could this be an issue??

    What do you mean that you backup your Palm data there? Normally, it
    just goes to a directory on the computer. If you later back that up
    to the thumb drive, that shouldn't matter; but if you try to do it all
    as one process, it might.

    Do you remove the thumb drive and re-insert it in between backups? If
    a file isn't being closed properly, that could explain why subsequent
    backups can't run (they can't open it).

    Seth

+ Reply to Thread