No support for Windows XP Media Center? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on No support for Windows XP Media Center? - Palmtop ; Hello. I just noticed that Palm and other software companies say they do not support Windows XP Media Center (2004). Is this true? I don't recall having any major problems with old Palm software, Franklin Covey (did have a database ...

  1. No support for Windows XP Media Center?

    Hello.

    I just noticed that Palm and other software companies say they do not
    support Windows XP Media Center (2004). Is this true? I don't recall
    having any major problems with old Palm software, Franklin Covey (did
    have a database corruption because of a bug in Franklin Covey software
    that was fixed in v8.1.1 upgrade/patch), and other software (e.g.,
    Epocrates, AvantGo, WebPro 3, many other small third party softwares)
    for Tungsten C PDA.

    I have not installed/upgraded the new Palm software for Treo 680
    (unlocked) onto XP Media Center SP2 (all updates; OEM -- preinstalled
    with the notebook/laptop), but a bit concerned about this. So far, its
    newer software is fine with the older Dell desktop computer with Windows
    2000 SP4 (all updates). However, I want to use it more on the
    laptop/notebook. Isn't XP Media Center basically XP Pro. with the media
    center components?

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
    /\___/\
    ( )

  2. Re: No support for Windows XP Media Center?

    i have palm desktop v 4.1.4 that i use with my TE2, and it works fine

  3. Re: No support for Windows XP Media Center?

    I am usingXP media Center edition with my Treo 650 with no problems at all.
    I am having a problem that occasionally the PC does not recognize the Treo
    but that is related to an issue with the cable and not XP.

    Good luck

    wrote in message
    news:3fydnUe_BLj3XejYnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@mminternet.n et...
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just noticed that Palm and other software companies say they do not
    > support Windows XP Media Center (2004). Is this true? I don't recall
    > having any major problems with old Palm software, Franklin Covey (did
    > have a database corruption because of a bug in Franklin Covey software
    > that was fixed in v8.1.1 upgrade/patch), and other software (e.g.,
    > Epocrates, AvantGo, WebPro 3, many other small third party softwares)
    > for Tungsten C PDA.
    >
    > I have not installed/upgraded the new Palm software for Treo 680
    > (unlocked) onto XP Media Center SP2 (all updates; OEM -- preinstalled
    > with the notebook/laptop), but a bit concerned about this. So far, its
    > newer software is fine with the older Dell desktop computer with Windows
    > 2000 SP4 (all updates). However, I want to use it more on the
    > laptop/notebook. Isn't XP Media Center basically XP Pro. with the media
    > center components?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    > --
    > "You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
    > | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
    > \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    > ( )

+ Reply to Thread