Opera Mini - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Opera Mini - Palmtop ; I've just tried installing Opera Mini on my Treo 650 with no success. The application gets as far as presenting the EULA after connecting but then crashes back to the main system screen each time. I did download the Webshere ...

  1. Opera Mini

    I've just tried installing Opera Mini on my Treo 650 with no success.
    The application gets as far as presenting the EULA after connecting but
    then crashes back to the main system screen each time. I did download
    the Webshere Everyplace Micro Environment.

    Anyone got any experience of running this on a Treo?

    Cheers,

    Steve

  2. Re: Opera Mini

    It is alleged that Steve claimed:

    > I've just tried installing Opera Mini on my Treo 650 with no success.
    > The application gets as far as presenting the EULA after connecting but
    > then crashes back to the main system screen each time. I did download
    > the Webshere Everyplace Micro Environment.
    >
    > Anyone got any experience of running this on a Treo?

    Which version of Opera Mini? I was able to use v2, but removed it due
    to the huge amount of space the JRE requires.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "There's always the threat of an attack by say, a giant space Dragon,
    the kind that leaves the sun once every thirty days, it's a nuisance
    but what can you expect from reptiles." (Marcus Cole, B5 "Messages
    From Earth")

  3. Re: Opera Mini

    On 2006-12-05 19:38:28 +0000, Jeffrey Kaplan said:

    > It is alleged that Steve claimed:
    >
    >> I've just tried installing Opera Mini on my Treo 650 with no success.
    >> The application gets as far as presenting the EULA after connecting but
    >> then crashes back to the main system screen each time. I did download
    >> the Webshere Everyplace Micro Environment.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any experience of running this on a Treo?

    > Which version of Opera Mini? I was able to use v2, but removed it due
    > to the huge amount of space the JRE requires.

    Latest version - 3.0. I checked out some comments at one the Palm info
    websites (possibly Palminfocenter) and saw that I am NOT alone.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  4. Re: Opera Mini

    Steve Hodgson wrote:

    >Latest version - 3.0. I checked out some comments at one the Palm info
    >websites (possibly Palminfocenter) and saw that I am NOT alone.

    They fixed the Treo crashing problems in the initial 3.0 build. If you
    download again, the current version (3.0.6358) should work a lot better.

    Marc

  5. Re: Opera Mini

    It is alleged that Marc Field claimed:

    > They fixed the Treo crashing problems in the initial 3.0 build. If you
    > download again, the current version (3.0.6358) should work a lot better.

    6306 is the one currently linked from the download for the Treo 650.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    An optimist is someone who thinks the future is uncertain.

  6. Re: Opera Mini

    On Dec 6, 2:27 pm, Marc Field wrote:
    > Steve Hodgson wrote:
    >
    > >Latest version - 3.0. I checked out some comments at one the Palm info
    > >websites (possibly Palminfocenter) and saw that I am NOT alone.They fixed the Treo crashing problems in the initial 3.0 build. If you

    > download again, the current version (3.0.6358) should work a lot better.

    the problems I am having are with 6358.

    Cheers,

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread