Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billinguals at the same time (Chinese and English)? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billinguals at the same time (Chinese and English)? - Palmtop ; Hello! Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do billingual like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have to work in the new Treo 680 that just came out. Bible Reader for Palm (ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Reader_for_Palm) was ...

  1. Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billinguals at the same time (Chinese and English)?

    Hello!

    Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do billingual
    like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have to work in the
    new Treo 680 that just came out.

    Bible Reader for Palm
    (ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Reader_for_Palm) was great, but it is
    no longer in service and was unable to find the databases. Also, it
    might not work with Treo 680.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
    /\___/\
    ( )

  2. Re: Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billinguals at the same time (Chinese and English)?

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:50:12 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    >Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do billingual
    >like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have to work in the
    >new Treo 680 that just came out.

    See http://olivetree.com. Their reader software is free, but ~not~ all bible
    versions are free! (The King James Version in English used to be free, but is
    now somewhere around $10 USD.)

    In addition to the broadest array of English translations, we offer the Bible in
    Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Latin, and many other languages.

    Good quality, in my opinion.

    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

    See http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/. This is released under the GPL.

    In March 2003, I got tired of not having a Chinese bible on my Palm (a
    TungstenT|T). The result was a fork of an old version of the BibleReader
    project. Several bugfixes and features later, I have developed Bible+, which
    runs on the PalmOS between 3.5 and 5.

    (Never used.)

    Hope this helps!
    _______________________
    Michael B. Johnson

  3. Re: Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billinguals at the same time (Chinese and English)?

    In alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot Michael B. Johnson wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:50:12 -0600, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    > >Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do billingual
    > >like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have to work in the
    > >new Treo 680 that just came out.

    > See http://olivetree.com. Their reader software is free, but ~not~ all bible
    > versions are free! (The King James Version in English used to be free, but is
    > now somewhere around $10 USD.)

    Thanks. I tried this, but somehow the English Bible showed was blank and
    the Chinese Bible was buggy (locks up the reader, very slow, etc. --
    probably why it said it needed testing). So, it was uninstalled. Maybe
    later on, it can be tried again. Maybe it doesn't support the new Treo
    680?

    > In addition to the broadest array of English translations, we offer the Bible in
    > Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Latin, and many other languages.
    >

    > Good quality, in my opinion.

    > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

    > See http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/. This is released under the GPL.

    > In March 2003, I got tired of not having a Chinese bible on my Palm (a
    > TungstenT|T). The result was a fork of an old version of the BibleReader
    > project. Several bugfixes and features later, I have developed Bible+, which
    > runs on the PalmOS between 3.5 and 5.
    >

    > (Never used.)

    Ooh nice. A sequel to the original with a different developer!

    > Hope this helps!

    Thanks!
    --
    "You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
    /\___/\
    ( )

  4. Re: Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billingualsat the same time (Chinese and English)?

    ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do billingual
    > like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have to work in the
    > new Treo 680 that just came out.
    >
    > Bible Reader for Palm
    > (ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Reader_for_Palm) was great, but it is
    > no longer in service and was unable to find the databases. Also, it
    > might not work with Treo 680.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    check with Olive Tree, they have multi language Bibles

  5. Re: Bible readers for a Palm Treo 680 that can handle billingualsat the same time (Chinese and English)?

    Check my web site for a list of Bible programs.

    Dale

    grrrrr wrote:
    > ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> Are there any bible readers (freeware preferred) that can do
    >> billingual like both Chinese and English at the same time? They have
    >> to work in the new Treo 680 that just came out.
    >>
    >> Bible Reader for Palm
    >> (ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Reader_for_Palm) was great, but it is
    >> no longer in service and was unable to find the databases. Also, it
    >> might not work with Treo 680.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > check with Olive Tree, they have multi language Bibles

    --
    _ _ Dale DePriest
    /`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

+ Reply to Thread