1GB SD Card with Tungsten E? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on 1GB SD Card with Tungsten E? - Palmtop ; Want to put an SD card larger than 256MB in my Tungsten E. Anyone with success using: a) 512 MB SD card? b) 1 GB SD card?...

  1. 1GB SD Card with Tungsten E?

    Want to put an SD card larger than 256MB in my Tungsten E.

    Anyone with success using:

    a) 512 MB SD card?
    b) 1 GB SD card?

  2. Re: 1GB SD Card with Tungsten E?

    On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 07:54:07 GMT, Guy Bannis wrote:

    >Want to put an SD card larger than 256MB in my Tungsten E.
    >
    >Anyone with success using:
    >
    >a) 512 MB SD card?
    >b) 1 GB SD card?

    Yes. I am using a Lexar 1GB SD card with my Tungsten E. It enough for
    me, and I don't know if it would support a 2GB card.

    Thanks.

    Remove the BALONEY from my email address.
    Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA
    freeze@baloneyvisi.com

    "Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

  3. Re: 1GB SD Card with Tungsten E?

    Matthew Fries wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 07:54:07 GMT, Guy Bannis wrote:
    >
    >>Want to put an SD card larger than 256MB in my Tungsten E.
    >>
    >>Anyone with success using:
    >>
    >>a) 512 MB SD card?
    >>b) 1 GB SD card?

    >Yes. I am using a Lexar 1GB SD card with my Tungsten E. It enough for
    >me, and I don't know if it would support a 2GB card.

    My 2G card *seems* to work fine in my Tungsten E. I say seems because I haven't
    tested everything. So far I have filled the card (mp3-ebooks-ect) but I filled
    it using my PC and a card reader. Some have said that the TE won't write to the
    *whole* card. I don't know about that but so far all the PDA writes I have tried
    have worked fine. If you just use the 2G card to read most of the time
    (mp3-ebooks-reference lookups-ect) as I do, it works fine.

    BTW I was very disappointed to find that my 2G card won't work with my Tungsten
    E2. It just refuses to recognize it period. Bummer.

  4. Re: 1GB SD Card with Tungsten E?

    On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 07:54:07 GMT, Guy Bannis wrote:

    >Want to put an SD card larger than 256MB in my Tungsten E.
    >
    >Anyone with success using:
    >
    >a) 512 MB SD card?
    >b) 1 GB SD card?

    I've been using a 1GB "Astone" SD card on my Tungsten E for about 6
    months.
    The only problem I've had was that Launcher III would corrupt the card
    when the card was inserted. Since I wanted to transfer music to the
    card via a card reader, this was a serious problem.
    I had to remove Launcher III from the T|E and revert to the standard
    launcher .
    I've read that 2Gig cards are not supported, but haven't tried one.

+ Reply to Thread