  1. Uses for???

    I have a TX and found I only use it for mp3's. What do you find you
    like most for yours?

    Amy
    williamson@shaklee.net
    Nature and Science in Harmony
    www.shaklee.net/williamson/

  2. Re: Uses for???

    On 2006-12-02 10:20:45 -0600, AWilliamson
    said:

    > I have a TX and found I only use it for mp3's. What do you find you
    > like most for yours?
    > Amy williamson@shaklee.net
    > Nature and Science in Harmony
    > www.shaklee.net/williamson/

    Lots of stuff. Just using it for mp3's is like buying a ford to keep
    your socks in.
    --
    -----------------------------
    I only talk like that in the movies

  3. Re: Uses for???

    It is alleged that AWilliamson claimed:

    > I have a TX and found I only use it for mp3's. What do you find you
    > like most for yours?

    I +don't+ use my Treo for mp3s, I use a "real" media player for that
    (storage capacity issues...). What do I do with it...

    It's my contact list
    It's my calendar
    It's my checkbook
    It's my auto mileage tracker
    It's an alarm clock
    It's my data safe (passwords, etc)
    It's my shopping lists
    It's my media inventory lists (cds, dvd, books...)
    It's a game console (solitaire card games, others)
    It's my ebook reader of various formats
    It's my portable bible
    It's my photo album
    It's my portable MS Office
    It's becoming my portable map (Google Maps Mobile, maybe eventually a
    GPS map instead)
    With data connectivity (cellular for me, WiFi for you), it can do email
    and web browsing
    I have my region's commuter rail schedule on it
    I also have a public transport routing tool (most major systems in the
    world are available)
    It's my password generator

    And since I have a Treo, not a Tungsten, it's also my cellphone so add
    voice calls and txt messaging.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "In my opinion, the presence of pfingle eggs aboard this installation
    might present a serious hazard." (Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "Believers")

  4. Re: Uses for???

    "AWilliamson" wrote in message
    >I have a TX and found I only use it for mp3's. What do you find you
    > like most for yours?
    >
    > Amy
    > williamson@shaklee.net
    > Nature and Science in Harmony
    > www.shaklee.net/williamson/

    Apart from the standard, diary, address book, todo list - the things I use
    mine most for are:
    I read the daily newspaper (courtesy of Sunrise and Plucker) ... and of
    course Dilbert!
    I use it several times a day for looking stuff up on Wikipedia - I don't
    think I could leave home without it!
    TCMP allows me to watch either captured TV shows or converted DVDs
    (converted using PocketDivXConverter on the PC).

  5. Re: Uses for???

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:20:45 -0800, AWilliamson wrote:

    > I have a TX and found I only use it for mp3's. What do you find you
    > like most for yours?
    >
    > Amy
    > williamson@shaklee.net
    > Nature and Science in Harmony
    > www.shaklee.net/williamson/

    I use mine for:

    - Reading the news via plucker, like tech websites, LA Times, etc
    - Reading technical documentation, again via plucker
    - Taking notes on dang near everything, from work stuff to what kind of
    lightbulbs work well at home with pedit32
    - Keeping a password list, encrypted in keyring
    - Keeping a list of birthdays and anniversaries in "Birthdays!"
    - Keeping a list of when various businesses open and close in Biz-Hours
    - Timing various things (Something on the stove, making tea, when to check
    on that long process at work) with Timing and Toast Timer
    - ssh'ing and VNC'ing into computers for remote control
    - Generic web browsing (as opposed to the offline web browsing mentioned
    above)
    - Watching short movies (I only have a couple of 128M cards)
    - Listening to music (the sound could be a little better, but it's not
    terrible by a long shot)
    - Using it as a calculator - I like o3 especially - it's an RPN calculator
    with a nice, deep stack
    - An Alarm clock via "BigClock". It lets me set different wake up times
    by day of week, so I don't sleep way late on weekends - just an hour later
    than weekdays
    - A calendar
    - Converting units with "Converter"
    - Reading PDF documents with PalmPDF
    - A few games, though they don't see much use anymore
    - "Price Tag" for
    comparing products I buy from more than one store
    - A To do list, but I keep it in a pedit32 memo instead of one of those
    fancy to do list manager programs

    I spend by far most of my time on my PDA in plucker and pedit32, but
    pTunes is seeing more use as time goes by.

    Before you put your PDA at the center of your life like this, be sure to
    work out a good backup procedure - you probably will lose your data at
    some point, so it's important to be able to get it back from your desktop.

+ Reply to Thread