The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit - Palmtop

This is a discussion on The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit - Palmtop ; I buy the Navigator 6 for my Treo 650 thinking I had everything. No. $320.00 I need a MiniSD (2GB) $89.00 I thought the Navigator 6 included a mini amplifier and a device that would hold the Treo. No. You ...

  1. The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    I buy the Navigator 6 for my Treo 650 thinking I had everything. No.
    $320.00
    I need a MiniSD (2GB) $89.00
    I thought the Navigator 6 included a mini amplifier and a device that
    would hold the Treo. No.
    You have to purchase that seperate: Palm Comfort Plus Hands Free Car
    Kit for Treo 700p/650 $200

    Where can we purchase the Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit
    or does everyone need to do this ridiculous research?

    RBollinger

  2. Re: The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    It is alleged that robboll claimed:

    > I buy the Navigator 6 for my Treo 650 thinking I had everything. No.
    > $320.00
    > I need a MiniSD (2GB) $89.00

    Last time I checked, the Treo takes a regular SD card, not a mini. If
    you got the version of TomTom that does not have a card, that's your
    own fault, but you should be able to install whatever maps you
    want/need, up to the capacity of whatever card you already own.

    > I thought the Navigator 6 included a mini amplifier and a device that
    > would hold the Treo. No.

    Why should it? Did it SAY it came with any of that?

    > You have to purchase that seperate: Palm Comfort Plus Hands Free Car
    > Kit for Treo 700p/650 $200

    Or just a wired headset.

    > Where can we purchase the Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    Sounds like you did get the complete kit.

    > or does everyone need to do this ridiculous research?

    Yes, everyone needs to do this ridiculous research of reading the
    frelling specs of what they're buying.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "The Superior Person's Book Of Words", by Peter Bowler: BATTOLOGY: The
    continual reiteration of the same words or phrases in speech or
    writing. A battologer is one who battologizes. One of those words
    whose lack of wider currency seems undeserving and puzzling in light of
    its wide potential for application to television commercials, sales
    pitches by car and encyclopedia venders, spouse's homilies, etc.

  3. Re: The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    Well, it says It says it's a Navigator 6 2GB SD/MINISD Card Compatible
    with Palm, PocketPC, Symbian s60 v3

    Is there a white paper -- or something from Palm where it shows
    compatible 3rd party software and that you can use and the components
    needed with each?

    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > It is alleged that robboll claimed:
    >
    > > I buy the Navigator 6 for my Treo 650 thinking I had everything. No.
    > > $320.00
    > > I need a MiniSD (2GB) $89.00

    > Last time I checked, the Treo takes a regular SD card, not a mini. If
    > you got the version of TomTom that does not have a card, that's your
    > own fault, but you should be able to install whatever maps you
    > want/need, up to the capacity of whatever card you already own.
    >
    > > I thought the Navigator 6 included a mini amplifier and a device that
    > > would hold the Treo. No.

    > Why should it? Did it SAY it came with any of that?
    >
    > > You have to purchase that seperate: Palm Comfort Plus Hands Free Car
    > > Kit for Treo 700p/650 $200

    > Or just a wired headset.
    >
    > > Where can we purchase the Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    > Sounds like you did get the complete kit.
    >
    > > or does everyone need to do this ridiculous research?

    > Yes, everyone needs to do this ridiculous research of reading the
    > frelling specs of what they're buying.
    >
    > --
    > Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    > The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol
    >
    > "The Superior Person's Book Of Words", by Peter Bowler: BATTOLOGY: The
    > continual reiteration of the same words or phrases in speech or
    > writing. A battologer is one who battologizes. One of those words
    > whose lack of wider currency seems undeserving and puzzling in light of
    > its wide potential for application to television commercials, sales
    > pitches by car and encyclopedia venders, spouse's homilies, etc.

  4. Re: The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    It is alleged that robboll claimed:

    > Well, it says It says it's a Navigator 6 2GB SD/MINISD Card Compatible
    > with Palm, PocketPC, Symbian s60 v3
    >
    > Is there a white paper -- or something from Palm where it shows
    > compatible 3rd party software and that you can use and the components
    > needed with each?

    You should read the specs of whatever it is you're buying! The product
    listings for TomTom at both Treocentral and AT TomTom, and probably
    every other retailer out there that carries them, what is and is not
    included "in the box".

    I found two retail packages of Navigator 6. One says the data is on a
    DVD and one says the data is on an SD card. Neither says they come
    with a cradle.

    I found this information in mere seconds, simply by reading the product
    descriptions.

    If you don't want the Navigator, you can give it to me, I'll give it a
    happy home. I have a cradle to hold my Treo. I have a wired headset I
    can use while the Navigator is in use. I have a large capacity SD card
    to put a bunch of maps on, and I don't mind getting another one if
    necessary.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

  5. Re: The Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit

    In article <1165029159.896240.197810@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.c om>,
    "robboll" wrote:

    > I buy the Navigator 6 for my Treo 650 thinking I had everything. No.
    > $320.00
    > I need a MiniSD (2GB) $89.00
    > I thought the Navigator 6 included a mini amplifier and a device that
    > would hold the Treo. No.
    > You have to purchase that seperate: Palm Comfort Plus Hands Free Car
    > Kit for Treo 700p/650 $200
    >
    > Where can we purchase the Complete Palm Treo and TomTom Navigator Kit
    > or does everyone need to do this ridiculous research?
    >
    > RBollinger

    Sorry you had problems. I paid $300, got Navigator 6 on a SD card, a GPS
    unit, a 12 volt car adapter to charge the two units, a suction cup
    holder, and a card reader was thrown in. I found it a great deal.

    Like others say, make sure you know what you are getting before you buy.

    BTW, I got my mine from Palm's website after shopping around.

    To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

+ Reply to Thread