OS5 encryption - Palmtop

This is a discussion on OS5 encryption - Palmtop ; I would like to encrypt individual files on my Palm. Are there any programmes which will do this? I have Resco Explorer and it can zip files with a password. Is this a good solution? And is PGP for Palm ...

  1. OS5 encryption

    I would like to encrypt individual files on my Palm. Are there any
    programmes which will do this? I have Resco Explorer and it can zip
    files with a password. Is this a good solution? And is PGP for Palm
    still around? Haven't heard from PGP for a few years. Thanks.
    dave

  2. Re: OS5 encryption

    In article <1164977528.875127.3520@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>,
    dave wrote:
    >I would like to encrypt individual files on my Palm. Are there any
    >programmes which will do this?

    Which files? Certicom's SecureMemo encrypts individual memos (but is
    no longer easily available, and was never supported though it still
    works fine).

    Which reminds me: does anybody know where SecureMemo stores its key
    (password-encrypted)? Due to upgrading my Palm, I have a bunch of
    encrypted memos that I can't decrypt. Fortunately, I still have the
    old Palm, which sort of works; what's the best way to export a single
    memo to text?

    Seth

  3. Re: OS5 encryption

    dave wrote:
    > I would like to encrypt individual files on my Palm. Are there any
    > programmes which will do this? I have Resco Explorer and it can zip
    > files with a password. Is this a good solution? And is PGP for Palm
    > still around? Haven't heard from PGP for a few years. Thanks.

    Well, some of my stuff can encrypt text and memos. See pToolSet and pedit.
    /PaulN [usual small print]

+ Reply to Thread