Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600 - Palmtop ; Hello, Has anybody tried running Opera Mini browser on a Treo 600 and gotten it to work? I downloaded the latest release that came out yesterday and followed the instructions at http://operalover.tntluoma.com/opera_mini_on_treo I seem to get the browser to run ...

  1. Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600

    Hello,

    Has anybody tried running Opera Mini browser on a Treo 600 and gotten it
    to work? I downloaded the latest release that came out yesterday and
    followed the instructions at
    http://operalover.tntluoma.com/opera_mini_on_treo I seem to get the
    browser to run and when it starts to connect to a Web Site I get the
    license agreement screen and then Opera crashes and I'm back at the Palm
    applications menu. has anybody gotten any further with Opera Mini 3.0?

    Classic Computer and Video Game items for Sale/Trade
    http://fmhcentral.freeservers.com/

  2. Re: Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600

    Tried TX version from http://www.operamini.com/download/. Worked the
    first time, but crashed constantly after that. Uninstalled after that
    together with the JVM.

  3. Re: Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600

    Never got Opera working on my Treo 600, tried to find another alternative
    browser that I liked rather than the pre-installed Blazer and could find
    anything I liked. Loading onto the internal memory nearly 2MB for JVM didn't
    help as I was running low on space on the internal and thought that must be
    the problem opera doesn't run.

    I've since then got PowerRUN and moved most of my apps to run from the SD
    card so will need to give it another go as I now have about 11MB free on the
    internal.

    Out of interest what you got free on your internal drives?

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Why Tea" wrote in message
    news:1164883028.043717.125370@80g2000cwy.googlegro ups.com...
    > Tried TX version from http://www.operamini.com/download/. Worked the
    > first time, but crashed constantly after that. Uninstalled after that
    > together with the JVM.

  4. Re: Opera Mini Browser 3.0 on a Treo 600

    FMH wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anybody tried running Opera Mini browser on a Treo 600 and gotten it
    > to work? I downloaded the latest release that came out yesterday and
    > followed the instructions at
    > http://operalover.tntluoma.com/opera_mini_on_treo I seem to get the
    > browser to run and when it starts to connect to a Web Site I get the
    > license agreement screen and then Opera crashes and I'm back at the Palm
    > applications menu. has anybody gotten any further with Opera Mini 3.0?
    >

    > Classic Computer and Video Game items for Sale/Trade
    > http://fmhcentral.freeservers.com/

    Well I got it going today! I read this thread
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=168423 and it said to
    download a newer version and make some JVM settings. After I did this
    Opera Mini ran on my Treo 600 just fine. It takes a few seconds to load
    to the first screen but once there it runs and renders sites create even
    with the 600's low resolution screen.

+ Reply to Thread