Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync - Palmtop ; I have a Zire72 running Palm OS 5. It recently began having this problem where if I shut it off for awhile and then turn it back on, I have to run digitizer to align the stylus again. It is ...

  1. Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync

    I have a Zire72 running Palm OS 5. It recently began having this
    problem where if I shut it off for awhile and then turn it back on, I
    have to run digitizer to align the stylus again. It is getting pretty
    annoying. Anyone else ever experience this?

    Ted Ward

  2. Re: Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync

    Ted wrote:
    > I have a Zire72 running Palm OS 5. It recently began having this
    > problem where if I shut it off for awhile and then turn it back on, I
    > have to run digitizer to align the stylus again. It is getting pretty
    > annoying. Anyone else ever experience this?

    Hello Ted. This is Paul from Palm Inc. Sometimes a screen protector or
    dirt/debris trapped under the edge of the screen can cause calibration
    difficulties. The Palm Knowledge Library article "Calibrating your
    touchscreen (digitizer)" offers specific instructions for resolving the
    issue: http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=24443
    Hope that's of help.

    Best

    Paul

    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Novotny
    paul.novotny@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Start earning rewards today.
    Register for free at
    http://paysback.palm.com/

  3. Re: Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync

    paul.novotny@palmone.com wrote:
    > Ted wrote:
    > > I have a Zire72 running Palm OS 5. It recently began having this
    > > problem where if I shut it off for awhile and then turn it back on, I
    > > have to run digitizer to align the stylus again. It is getting pretty
    > > annoying. Anyone else ever experience this?

    > Hello Ted. This is Paul from Palm Inc. Sometimes a screen protector or
    > dirt/debris trapped under the edge of the screen can cause calibration
    > difficulties. The Palm Knowledge Library article "Calibrating your
    > touchscreen (digitizer)" offers specific instructions for resolving the
    > issue: http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=24443
    > Hope that's of help.
    >

    > Best
    >
    > Paul

    I'll check it out. Thanks Paul.

  4. Re: Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync

    In article <1164730072.005939.230240@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    paul.novotny@palmone.com wrote:

    > The Palm Knowledge Library article "Calibrating your
    > > touchscreen (digitizer)" offers specific instructions for resolving the
    > > issue: http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=24443
    > > Hope that's of help.

    This was certainly timely for me, as the touch screen had just died on
    my E2. I did try this, but it made no odds. Luckily the E2 was still in
    warranty and the shop I got it from was able to give me a new one in
    exchange. PHEW!!

    But thanks, anyway,

    Dave

    --
    Dave Smith
    Wordsmith and yarnspinner, singer and storyteller

  5. Re: Zire 72 touch pad always out of sync

    Previously Dave wrote:

    >. Luckily the E2 was still in
    > warranty and the shop I got it from was able to give me a new

    one in
    > exchange. PHEW!!

    Was the shop a nationwide chain? If so, which one? Doing an
    instant in-shop exchange is a nice perk - definitely beats
    waiting for the mail.

    Thanks
    Todd

    --