Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? - Palmtop ; Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? When I run slide show or picture viewer the handheld shuts down after about a minute? Any way to shut off the shutdown feature for the picture viewer/slideshow? REb...

  1. Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX?

    Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? When I run slide show or
    picture viewer the handheld shuts down after about a minute? Any way to shut
    off the shutdown feature for the picture viewer/slideshow?

    REb

  2. Re: Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX?

    Roadrunner NG wrote:
    > Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? When I run slide show or
    > picture viewer the handheld shuts down after about a minute? Any way to shut
    > off the shutdown feature for the picture viewer/slideshow?
    >
    > REb

    I suspect you have a bad file in your slideshow list, a bug of some
    sort, or are simply running out of pictures. I have a TX, but normally
    use the Media replacement program RescoViewer, which doesn't shut off
    during a slideshow.

    I assume you're using Media, the default PalmOS program that has a
    slideshow feature. When I read your problem, I suspected it shouldn't
    be doing that, so several minutes ago, I started the slideshow in Media
    and have let it run. After close to ten minutes, it's still going.

    TX's will shut off by themselves after 1,2, or 3 minutes of inactivity
    (set by preference), but the slideshow IS activity. So, first, check
    the preferences to see if you might be running a complete cycle through
    your pictures, or if you have a bad file in the slideshow sequence.

    My slideshow is still going... so yours shouldn't be stopping after a
    minute. You may want to run the program and try a soft reset, talk to
    Palm support, or try a hard reset with the re-installation of your
    databases and third party software.

  3. Re: Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX?

    Thanks for the feedback Kevin,

    I checked the following based on your posting:
    I have auto off in the prefs set at 3 minutes. My TX shuts down even if I am
    viewing one picture, or a slide show. If I tap on the screen it resumes the
    display and then does the same thing. I do suspect there is something wrong
    with my TX OS though. Sometimes when I try to run the slideshow it says "not
    enough memory". If I reboot it will run fine. Often after a reboot the
    shutdown does not happen as frequently when running the slde show. I have
    plenty of memory available, but something is getting screwed up in the
    memory management. It most often happens when I play music files and then
    shut off the I-tunes.

    REb

    "Kevin" wrote in message
    news:1164222541.695971.291150@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    > Roadrunner NG wrote:
    >> Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX? When I run slide show
    >> or
    >> picture viewer the handheld shuts down after about a minute? Any way to
    >> shut
    >> off the shutdown feature for the picture viewer/slideshow?
    >>
    >> REb

    > I suspect you have a bad file in your slideshow list, a bug of some
    > sort, or are simply running out of pictures. I have a TX, but normally
    > use the Media replacement program RescoViewer, which doesn't shut off
    > during a slideshow.
    >
    > I assume you're using Media, the default PalmOS program that has a
    > slideshow feature. When I read your problem, I suspected it shouldn't
    > be doing that, so several minutes ago, I started the slideshow in Media
    > and have let it run. After close to ten minutes, it's still going.
    >
    > TX's will shut off by themselves after 1,2, or 3 minutes of inactivity
    > (set by preference), but the slideshow IS activity. So, first, check
    > the preferences to see if you might be running a complete cycle through
    > your pictures, or if you have a bad file in the slideshow sequence.
    >
    > My slideshow is still going... so yours shouldn't be stopping after a
    > minute. You may want to run the program and try a soft reset, talk to
    > Palm support, or try a hard reset with the re-installation of your
    > databases and third party software.

  4. Re: Any way to stop shutdown during slideshow on TX?

    Roadrunner NG wrote:
    > Thanks for the feedback Kevin,
    >
    > I checked the following based on your posting:
    > I have auto off in the prefs set at 3 minutes. My TX shuts down even if I am
    > viewing one picture, or a slide show. If I tap on the screen it resumes the
    > display and then does the same thing. I do suspect there is something wrong
    > with my TX OS though. Sometimes when I try to run the slideshow it says "not
    > enough memory". If I reboot it will run fine. Often after a reboot the
    > shutdown does not happen as frequently when running the slde show. I have
    > plenty of memory available, but something is getting screwed up in the
    > memory management. It most often happens when I play music files and then
    > shut off the I-tunes.
    >
    > REb

    There is some sort of memory cache that some people find the need to
    clear after encountering problems like yours, but I've never had to do
    it and don't know what it's all about. But, maybe you have some
    program that is using up too much of this cache, and it's reporting
    there's not enough room for more.

    You might look around for solutions for this, but I know that there are
    programs that clear this cache when needed, I just don't know which
    they are. Maybe use the term "cache" in your search string.

+ Reply to Thread