    Register" item.)

    Seth

  2. Re: Palm TX resets in DateBk6

    On 2006-11-14 23:58:47 -0600, sethb@panix.com (Seth Breidbart) said:

    > I have a new Palm TX (replacing a Tungsten C). When I load DateBk6 on
    > it, whenever I leave a Note field, it does a warm reset.
    >
    > Any ideas? Is there a system file from the Tungsten C that overwrote
    > something on the TX? (If so, how do I get it back? Hard reset
    > doesn't suffice, I did a hard reset followed by installing DateBk6,
    > and it reset when I left the Note field for the single "Remember to
    > Register" item.)
    >
    > Seth

    Do you have the latest datebk6 version? There may be a problem with the
    version you have - there were quite a few prerelease versions - maybe
    you have one of those.

    I don't really understand your second paragraph - if you do a hard
    reset, then install just datebk6 without installing anything else, do
    you get this crash? Or are you just installing a whole backup of your
    TC first? That wouldn't work.

    That is the group the author posts to. Did you try downloading the latest
    version of Datebk 6 then installing it alone on the TX after you did a hard
    reset? If not try that and don't forget to make sure that no back up files
    or programs from the TC are being loaded in on the Tx during the hotsync
    that might confuse the issue. Datebk 6 is solid on the TX. Good luck.

    "Seth Breidbart" wrote in message
    >I have a new Palm TX (replacing a Tungsten C). When I load DateBk6 on
    > it, whenever I leave a Note field, it does a warm reset.
    >
    > Any ideas? Is there a system file from the Tungsten C that overwrote
    > something on the TX? (If so, how do I get it back? Hard reset
    > doesn't suffice, I did a hard reset followed by installing DateBk6,
    > and it reset when I left the Note field for the single "Remember to
    > Register" item.)
    >
    > Seth

  4. Re: Palm TX resets in DateBk6

    In article <2006111617263716807-yoda@Dagobahnet>,
    Yoda wrote:
    >On 2006-11-14 23:58:47 -0600, sethb@panix.com (Seth Breidbart) said:
    >
    >> I have a new Palm TX (replacing a Tungsten C). When I load DateBk6 on
    >> it, whenever I leave a Note field, it does a warm reset.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? Is there a system file from the Tungsten C that overwrote
    >> something on the TX? (If so, how do I get it back? Hard reset
    >> doesn't suffice, I did a hard reset followed by installing DateBk6,
    >> and it reset when I left the Note field for the single "Remember to
    >> Register" item.)

    >Do you have the latest datebk6 version? There may be a problem with the
    >version you have - there were quite a few prerelease versions - maybe
    >you have one of those.

    I thought so, but I didn't. (Apparently, the .zip file was fine, but
    the .exe file was still bad.)

    Next issue:

    I've done a complete restore (BackupBuddy) from the Tungsten C. It
    seems like something may be slowing down the machine; anything in
    particular I should look for? (Or maybe just TealScript, which I
    didn't use with the C?)

    Seth

  5. Re: Palm TX resets in DateBk6

    On 2006-11-21 21:21:22 -0600, sethb@panix.com (Seth Breidbart) said:

    > In article <2006111617263716807-yoda@Dagobahnet>,
    > Yoda wrote:
    >> On 2006-11-14 23:58:47 -0600, sethb@panix.com (Seth Breidbart) said:
    >>
    >>> I have a new Palm TX (replacing a Tungsten C). When I load DateBk6 on
    >>> it, whenever I leave a Note field, it does a warm reset.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas? Is there a system file from the Tungsten C that overwrote
    >>> something on the TX? (If so, how do I get it back? Hard reset
    >>> doesn't suffice, I did a hard reset followed by installing DateBk6,
    >>> and it reset when I left the Note field for the single "Remember to
    >>> Register" item.)

    >> Do you have the latest datebk6 version? There may be a problem with the
    >> version you have - there were quite a few prerelease versions - maybe
    >> you have one of those.

    > I thought so, but I didn't. (Apparently, the .zip file was fine, but
    > the .exe file was still bad.)
    >
    > Next issue:
    >
    > I've done a complete restore (BackupBuddy) from the Tungsten C. It
    > seems like something may be slowing down the machine; anything in
    > particular I should look for? (Or maybe just TealScript, which I
    > didn't use with the C?)
    >
    > Seth

    The TX is going to feel "slow" compared to most any newish palm -
    that's a result of the switch to flash memory, or whatever it's called.
    There may be something else causing it, though - you might try starting
    again from a hard reset state, and introducing your old apps one at a
    time, and making sure each one is a current version, and runs ok. This
    is the recommended way to upgrade to the TX, as a lot of legacy stuff
    doesn't work right, or at all. In general, doing complete restores from
    an older palm like you did is risky, and usually doesn't work at all,
    as you overwrite some system files, and introduce old ones that don't
    belong.

    I only tried tealscript for a while on my T3 - it slowed things down a
    little, and introduced as much wierdness as it fixed, so I lost it.
    Don't know how it'll work on the TX.
    --
    -----------------------------
    I only talk like that in the movies

  6. Re: Palm TX resets in DateBk6

    In article <2006112222542720094-yoda@Dagobahnet>,
    Yoda wrote:

    >The TX is going to feel "slow" compared to most any newish palm -
    >that's a result of the switch to flash memory, or whatever it's called.
    >There may be something else causing it, though - you might try starting
    >again from a hard reset state, and introducing your old apps one at a
    >time, and making sure each one is a current version, and runs ok.

    It runs a lot faster with only a few apps, so I suspect there was
    something bad. Now I have another issue: I moved the BackupBuddy
    directory elsewhere, and I want to restore a few files from it. The
    obvious thing (just copying them into the current BackupBuddy
    directory) doesn't work; BB doesn't find them in its backup sets. Any
    ideas?

    >I only tried tealscript for a while on my T3 - it slowed things down a
    >little, and introduced as much wierdness as it fixed, so I lost it.
    >Don't know how it'll work on the TX.

    It seems to work fine.

    Seth

+ Reply to Thread