New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away - Palmtop

This is a discussion on New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away - Palmtop ; I hope someone can assist. With a few applications (pdf for palm and iSilo) the input area does not minimize. This takes up valuable screen area. The very bottom right button does nothing when it is tapped as it is ...

  1. New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away

    I hope someone can assist. With a few applications (pdf for palm and iSilo)
    the input area does not minimize. This takes up valuable screen area.

    The very bottom right button does nothing when it is tapped as it is grayed
    out. Is there a way to make it disapear for those programs?

    Thanks.

    Kevin.

  2. Re: New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away

    In article <12lks1jo0n75266@corp.supernews.com>, John Smith says...

    > I hope someone can assist. With a few applications (pdf for palm and iSilo)
    > the input area does not minimize. This takes up valuable screen area.
    >
    > The very bottom right button does nothing when it is tapped as it is grayed
    > out. Is there a way to make it disapear for those programs?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Kevin.

    NOPE

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    >I hope someone can assist. With a few applications (pdf for palm and
    >iSilo) the input area does not minimize. This takes up valuable screen
    >area.
    >
    > The very bottom right button does nothing when it is tapped as it is
    > grayed out. Is there a way to make it disapear for those programs?

    Unfortunately not. Some applications have not been written with the 320 x
    480 resolution screen and the operating system detects this and prevents you
    from trying to change the silkscreen area.

    You may want to contact the author of these applications and ask them if
    they have plans to update them... or check that you're using the latest
    version.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  4. Re: New user requests help with TX Palm - Input area does not go away

    In message <12lks1jo0n75266@corp.supernews.com> "John Smith"
    wrote:

    >I hope someone can assist. With a few applications (pdf for palm and iSilo)
    >the input area does not minimize. This takes up valuable screen area.
    >
    >The very bottom right button does nothing when it is tapped as it is grayed
    >out. Is there a way to make it disapear for those programs?

    I saw a hack that would force it to disappear, but it won't cause the
    app to use that screen space, it will just blank out the screen space.

    That being said, iSilo DOES support a 320x480 screen, and I don't really
    recall any magic to making it work, although I can take a poke at it.

    Are you running the latest release from http://www.isilo.com/ ?

    --
    A babysitter is a teenager acting like an adult
    while the adults are out acting like teenagers.

+ Reply to Thread