Palm TX Desktop crashes? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX Desktop crashes? - Palmtop ; I had a crash on my PC and had to do a rebuild. I am running Windows XP Pro. I get a Application error and the windows reporting screen everytime I open the desktop. It syncs fine during the installation, ...

  1. Palm TX Desktop crashes?

    I had a crash on my PC and had to do a rebuild. I am running Windows XP Pro.
    I get a Application error and the windows reporting screen everytime I open
    the desktop. It syncs fine during the installation, but I cannot open the
    desktop? Docs to go works, no desktop. I tried installing several times,
    after uninstalling, cleared the registry, still no luck.

    Reb

  2. Re: Palm TX Desktop crashes?

    I finally got my desktop to stop crashing. I can't really tell what did it
    but I did a deep uninstall, deleted all registry items I could find, and all
    folders. About the 5th time the install finally worked, synced, and the
    desktop did not crash. I also downloaded the desktop SW from PalmOne instead
    of using the original CD, but I doubt if that made a difference since it
    installed on my laptop without any problem.

    REb
    "Bill Marcum" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:19:35 GMT, Roadrunner NG
    > wrote:
    >> I had a crash on my PC and had to do a rebuild. I am running Windows XP
    >> Pro.
    >> I get a Application error and the windows reporting screen everytime I
    >> open
    >> the desktop. It syncs fine during the installation, but I cannot open the
    >> desktop? Docs to go works, no desktop. I tried installing several times,
    >> after uninstalling, cleared the registry, still no luck.
    >>

    > Did you install it as an administrator and run it once as the
    > administrator? Other than that, I have no advice about installing Palm
    > desktop on Windows XP.
    >
    > --
    > Q: What is green and lives in the ocean?
    > A: Moby Pickle.

+ Reply to Thread