TX docs to go pics to PC - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX docs to go pics to PC - Palmtop ; How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC? Somehow I cant figure it out but there must be a way? Thanks, Reb...

  1. TX docs to go pics to PC

    How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC? Somehow I
    cant figure it out but there must be a way?

    Thanks,

    Reb

  2. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    It would be easiest (for this and many other things) just to get an SD
    card reader. They are cheap, and faster than syncing.

    visist me on the web at http://jaywalkersunite.googlepages.com

    On Nov 13, 8:16 am, "Roadrunner NG" wrote:
    > How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC? Somehow I
    > cant figure it out but there must be a way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Reb

  3. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    "Roadrunner NG" wrote in message
    > How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC? Somehow
    > I cant figure it out but there must be a way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Reb

    I can accomplish it via bluetooth to my desktop and infrared to my old
    laptop. Probably wireless would work, but my PC doesn't have a wireless
    card.

  4. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    Roadrunner NG wrote:
    > How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC? Somehow I
    > cant figure it out but there must be a way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Reb

    How did the pictures get onto your TX in the first place? Usually,
    they start out on the PC (by dragging them into the Palm Desktop app),
    and then transfer to the handheld when you synchronize. If you then
    want to put them onto a different PC, you need to re-synchronize them
    with that 2nd PC. I do this with my home and work computers -- the
    photos start out at home, go to the TX, and end up on my work PC after
    re-sychronizing there. They will appear inside the Palm Desktop
    application under "Media". You can also find the actual photo files on
    your hard drive under C:\Program Files\palmOne\YourUsername\Photos.

  5. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    PC crashed, TX only location.

    Reb

    wrote in message
    news:1163511782.115342.264830@f16g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    > Roadrunner NG wrote:
    >> How can you send pictures you have on your TX handheld to your PC?
    >> Somehow I
    >> cant figure it out but there must be a way?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Reb

    > How did the pictures get onto your TX in the first place? Usually,
    > they start out on the PC (by dragging them into the Palm Desktop app),
    > and then transfer to the handheld when you synchronize. If you then
    > want to put them onto a different PC, you need to re-synchronize them
    > with that 2nd PC. I do this with my home and work computers -- the
    > photos start out at home, go to the TX, and end up on my work PC after
    > re-sychronizing there. They will appear inside the Palm Desktop
    > application under "Media". You can also find the actual photo files on
    > your hard drive under C:\Program Files\palmOne\YourUsername\Photos.

  6. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    Roadrunner NG wrote:
    > PC crashed, TX only location.

    OK -- once you've established a new working PC, you'll have to
    re-install the Palm Desktop application either from the CD or the Palm
    website. Then, before you synchronize for the first time, make sure
    you set the conduits up so that the "Handheld Overrides the Desktop" on
    all the modules -- including the Media. That way, everything saved on
    the TX (including the photos) will go back onto the new PC.

  7. Re: TX docs to go pics to PC

    Thanks, I was having trouble with my desktop and syncing, I reinstalled all
    the desktop SW and you are correct, the pics are now back on the desktop.
    Thanks, some were very valuable to me.

    Reb
    wrote in message
    news:1163819646.712249.88010@e3g2000cwe.googlegrou ps.com...

    > Roadrunner NG wrote:
    >> PC crashed, TX only location.

    > OK -- once you've established a new working PC, you'll have to
    > re-install the Palm Desktop application either from the CD or the Palm
    > website. Then, before you synchronize for the first time, make sure
    > you set the conduits up so that the "Handheld Overrides the Desktop" on
    > all the modules -- including the Media. That way, everything saved on
    > the TX (including the photos) will go back onto the new PC.

+ Reply to Thread