Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth? - Palmtop ; I have a T|X and an LG VX 8100 (Verizon) phone. For the life of me, I can't get the two of them to pair via bluetooth. Am I missing something, or do LG phones simply not pair with Palm ...

  1. Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth?

    I have a T|X and an LG VX 8100 (Verizon) phone. For the life of me, I
    can't get the two of them to pair via bluetooth. Am I missing something,
    or do LG phones simply not pair with Palm PDA's?

    Thanks in advance,

    Steve

  2. Re: Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth?

    Steven Folberg wrote:
    > I have a T|X and an LG VX 8100 (Verizon) phone. For the life of me, I
    > can't get the two of them to pair via bluetooth. Am I missing something,
    > or do LG phones simply not pair with Palm PDA's?

    I have a TX and a Motorola RAZR, so it may be a bit different. But, if
    the LG has bluetooth capability, make sure it is on. Then go the TX
    and go to the Communications/Bluetooth preference, where you set up the
    phone and service connections (and email if you choose).

    You make your phone "discoverable" by another Bluetooth device, then
    set your TX to find nearby devices. When it sees your phone, it will
    prompt you to enter a security code if you want. Your phone then will
    react and ask for the same code. The two are now bonded.

    You should see your phone listed in the "trusted devices" category
    within the Bluetooth preferences. Make sure both devices have
    Bluetooth enabled, and your TX should then find your phone when it's
    needed for a Bluetooth connection.

  3. Re: Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth?

    In article <1164058786.899123.93220@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.co m>,
    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Steven Folberg wrote:
    > > I have a T|X and an LG VX 8100 (Verizon) phone. For the life of me, I
    > > can't get the two of them to pair via bluetooth. Am I missing something,
    > > or do LG phones simply not pair with Palm PDA's?
    > >

    > I have a TX and a Motorola RAZR, so it may be a bit different. But, if
    > the LG has bluetooth capability, make sure it is on. Then go the TX
    > and go to the Communications/Bluetooth preference, where you set up the
    > phone and service connections (and email if you choose).

    On a related note, what sort of connection are you making to the
    Internet (assuming you are)? I currently have an older LG phone I can
    connect with using USB. I was in the process of buying a RAZR when the
    clerk said i couldn't do this anymore. I stopped the purchase. I tried
    checking on this with Verizon support. They acted like I couldn't do
    what I was already doing. I don't know what the deal is but I'd like to
    find out. I'm currently dialing #777 and getting a connection speed of
    50K or so. I would like to get the RAZR and use BlueTooth with both my
    iBook and TX.

    --
    Clark Martin

  4. Re: Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth?

    Clark Martin wrote:
    > In article <1164058786.899123.93220@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.co m>,
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >
    > > Steven Folberg wrote:
    > > > I have a T|X and an LG VX 8100 (Verizon) phone. For the life of me, I
    > > > can't get the two of them to pair via bluetooth. Am I missing something,
    > > > or do LG phones simply not pair with Palm PDA's?
    > > >

    > > I have a TX and a Motorola RAZR, so it may be a bit different. But, if
    > > the LG has bluetooth capability, make sure it is on. Then go the TX
    > > and go to the Communications/Bluetooth preference, where you set up the
    > > phone and service connections (and email if you choose).

    > On a related note, what sort of connection are you making to the
    > Internet (assuming you are)? I currently have an older LG phone I can
    > connect with using USB. I was in the process of buying a RAZR when the
    > clerk said i couldn't do this anymore. I stopped the purchase. I tried
    > checking on this with Verizon support. They acted like I couldn't do
    > what I was already doing. I don't know what the deal is but I'd like to
    > find out. I'm currently dialing #777 and getting a connection speed of
    > 50K or so. I would like to get the RAZR and use BlueTooth with both my
    > iBook and TX.
    >
    > --

    Clark, I'm not familiar with the type of connection you've been doing
    and whether it will work with the RAZR. Are you saying you're
    connecting via a USB cable? I'm not clear on how you've been
    connecting, or what the #777 is for.

    My connection to the internet is via the RAZR's built-in GPRS
    technology, and my phone and internet service is with Cingular. I just
    go to the phone's browser, enter the address or tap the number or link
    to jump to a website. But, actually, in my case, almost always I'm not
    using the phone but my Palm TX, which wireless connects via Bluetooth
    to the phone's GPRS to the internet. No cable involved.

  5. Re: Can T|X talk to LG phone via bluetooth?

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:39:32 -0800, Clark Martin wrote:

    > In article <1164058786.899123.93220@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.co m>,
    > "Kevin" wrote:

    [...]
    > On a related note, what sort of connection are you making to the
    > Internet (assuming you are)? I currently have an older LG phone I can
    > connect with using USB. I was in the process of buying a RAZR when the
    > clerk said i couldn't do this anymore. I stopped the purchase. I tried
    > checking on this with Verizon support. They acted like I couldn't do
    > what I was already doing. I don't know what the deal is but I'd like to
    > find out. I'm currently dialing #777 and getting a connection speed of
    > 50K or so. I would like to get the RAZR and use BlueTooth with both my
    > iBook and TX.

    Verizon hobbled the RAZR so you can't tether to it (I think any bought
    *pre*-January '06 still had this - unless you did an update, where they
    romped on it). I think everything but the headset is disabled.

    I ditched Verizon for this reason. I've tethered via Cingular (like
    another poster) but wound up with T-mobile (better coverage for my
    commute). Both worked fine -- and it's nice to have a GSM phone ...

+ Reply to Thread