Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? - Palmtop ; Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? Anyone knows how?...

  1. Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu?

    Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? Anyone knows how?

  2. Re: Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu?

    casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

    > Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? Anyone knows how?

    Okay. I found no answer but had to figure it out myself. So I'll put it
    here in case someone needs to look it up; how to convert pdf to plucker
    on linux.

    1- download pdftohtml; it's in the ubuntu repositories
    2- download sunrise from sourceforge (I assume it also requires plucker
    but I already had that - plucker and plucker-desktop are already in the
    ubuntu repositories)
    3- use pdftohtml to convert your pdf to html, then use sunrise to pluck
    it

  3. Re: Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu?

    On 15 Nov 2006 15:46:53 -0800, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

    > casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

    >> Converting a pdf to plucker on ubuntu? Anyone knows how?

    > Okay. I found no answer but had to figure it out myself. So I'll put it
    > here in case someone needs to look it up; how to convert pdf to plucker
    > on linux.

    > 1- download pdftohtml; it's in the ubuntu repositories
    > 2- download sunrise from sourceforge (I assume it also requires plucker
    > but I already had that - plucker and plucker-desktop are already in the
    > ubuntu repositories)
    > 3- use pdftohtml to convert your pdf to html, then use sunrise to pluck
    > it

    Why not just use PalmPDF? It's a Free PalmOS PDF reader based on xpdf.

    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html

    I use Plucker for a bunch of things, but this works for PDFs and
    doesn't require any annoying conversions: just load the .PDF on your
    memory card and go.

    -a

    --
    Alan Hoyle - alanh@unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/