WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX - Palmtop ; Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the package is missing the Installation CDs. At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to set up MS Outlook ...

  1. WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the package
    is missing the Installation CDs.
    At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to set up
    MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld, which is the
    reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    Can anyone help me with this?

  2. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    "Tom Hill" wrote in message
    news:45537eb3$0$14836$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m
    > Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the
    > package is missing the Installation CDs.
    > At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to
    > set up MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld,
    > which is the reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    > Can anyone help me with this?

    Well here would be a good start I would think.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/tx/

    --
    Bill

  3. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    In message <4553912a$0$1349$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com> "BillW50"
    wrote:

    >"Tom Hill" wrote in message
    >news:45537eb3$0$14836$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m
    >> Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the
    >> package is missing the Installation CDs.
    >> At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to
    >> set up MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld,
    >> which is the reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    >> Can anyone help me with this?

    >Well here would be a good start I would think.
    >
    >http://www.palm.com/us/support/tx/

    Unfortunately Palm doesn't make all of the CD-based content available
    online. Specifically, DocumentsToGo and the MS Outlook conduits, and I
    think the Versamail conduit (not that it works anyway, so that's not
    much of a loss)

    --
    UNIX Sex
    {look;find;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;flex;unzip; mount;workbone;

  4. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    In message <45537eb3$0$14836$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com> "Tom Hill"
    wrote:

    >Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the package
    >is missing the Installation CDs.
    >At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to set up
    >MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld, which is the
    >reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    >Can anyone help me with this?

    I just moved cross-country, but I can get you an ISO image of the CD if
    you're patient...

    --
    UNIX Sex
    {look;find;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;flex;unzip; mount;workbone;
    fsck;yes;gasp;fsck;yes;eject;umount;makeclean;zip; split;done;exit}

  5. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    "DevilsPGD" wrote in message
    > In message <4553912a$0$1349$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com>
    > "BillW50" wrote:
    >
    >> "Tom Hill" wrote in message
    >> news:45537eb3$0$14836$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m
    >>> Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the
    >>> package is missing the Installation CDs.
    >>> At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to
    >>> set up MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld,
    >>> which is the reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    >>> Can anyone help me with this?

    >> Well here would be a good start I would think.
    >>
    >> http://www.palm.com/us/support/tx/

    > Unfortunately Palm doesn't make all of the CD-based content available
    > online. Specifically, DocumentsToGo and the MS Outlook conduits, and
    > I think the Versamail conduit (not that it works anyway, so that's not
    > much of a loss)

    [sigh] ok and thanks!

    --
    Bill

  6. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    In article <1367l2594hafr1khpngrna8sm07mk2iqt2@4ax.com>,
    spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net says...
    > In message <4553912a$0$1349$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com> "BillW50"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Tom Hill" wrote in message
    > >news:45537eb3$0$14836$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m
    > >> Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the
    > >> package is missing the Installation CDs.
    > >> At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to
    > >> set up MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld,
    > >> which is the reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    > >> Can anyone help me with this?

    > >Well here would be a good start I would think.
    > >
    > >http://www.palm.com/us/support/tx/

    > Unfortunately Palm doesn't make all of the CD-based content available
    > online. Specifically, DocumentsToGo and the MS Outlook conduits, and I
    > think the Versamail conduit (not that it works anyway, so that's not
    > much of a loss)

    Probably in the case of DocumentsToGo, the software belongs to DataViz
    so you have to buy it from them. You can find their page on the subject
    at http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ndex_palm.html. I'm
    less than enchanted with Docs to Go - it does make it possible to edit
    something on the handheld, but it loses track of documents if you have
    more than a dozen or so, it gets lines or whole paragraphs out of order
    on pdf files, and it's been known to do weird things to Excel files,
    including mucking up my entire check records file at one point.
    (leastwise version 8.003 does - I haven't bothered with the latest
    release)

    --
    Kay Shapero
    http://www.kayshapero.net

  7. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    In message Kay
    Shapero wrote:

    >Probably in the case of DocumentsToGo, the software belongs to DataViz
    >so you have to buy it from them. You can find their page on the subject
    >at http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ndex_palm.html. I'm
    >less than enchanted with Docs to Go - it does make it possible to edit
    >something on the handheld, but it loses track of documents if you have
    >more than a dozen or so, it gets lines or whole paragraphs out of order
    >on pdf files, and it's been known to do weird things to Excel files,
    >including mucking up my entire check records file at one point.
    >(leastwise version 8.003 does - I haven't bothered with the latest
    >release)

    It comes free with the T|X, but not as a downloadable item, it's only
    available on the CD.

    --
    I guess we'll be going down together, I mean getting off together,
    I mean ... That's Ok, I'll just press the button for the stimulator.

  8. Re: WANTED: Setup CDs for Palm TX

    wrote:

    >Got a great deal on E-Bay on a Palm TX handheld, but now realize the package
    >is missing the Installation CDs.
    >At first I didn't think I needed these CDs, but now realize I do to set up
    >MS Outlook Synchronization and use Excel on the handheld, which is the
    >reason I bought the Palm in the first place.
    >Can anyone help me with this?

    If you're still looking, drop me an email and I'll get you hooked up, I
    found the box containing my CDs over the weekend.

    Email is valid.

    --
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

+ Reply to Thread