Converting a .DAT database - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Converting a .DAT database - Palmtop ; I need to upgrade my addressbook, but my current program doesnt have a way to export the data, and it was a shareware company that never upgraded. So i need a way to convert the data file to a .csv ...

  1. Converting a .DAT database

    I need to upgrade my addressbook, but my current program doesnt have a
    way to export the data, and it was a shareware company that never
    upgraded. So i need a way to convert the data file to a .csv file or
    something so i can import in another program. im sure theres other ways
    to do this, so maybe someone has an idea?

  2. Re: Converting a .DAT database

    What is your current address book program?

    One brute force way would be:
    - add a new printer to your system, using the option for generic text
    printer
    - specify that you want to write to a file
    - go into the application and print your data to that printer
    - reformat the text file: manually, or by writing a small program, or
    by importing into something like a spreadsheet program, reformat
    manually or with macros, and save as a CSV file.

    Dan

    azrussdogg11@gmail.com wrote:
    > I need to upgrade my addressbook, but my current program doesnt have a
    > way to export the data, and it was a shareware company that never
    > upgraded. So i need a way to convert the data file to a .csv file or
    > something so i can import in another program. im sure theres other ways
    > to do this, so maybe someone has an idea?

+ Reply to Thread