SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM? - Palmtop ; SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM? How well does the SHARP ZAURUS synch with a Macintosh? Which ones have a Backlit Keyboard? Does it work like a real computer, where I can download and install software ...

  1. SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM?

    SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM?

    How well does the SHARP ZAURUS synch with a Macintosh?

    Which ones have a Backlit Keyboard?

    Does it work like a real computer, where I can download and install
    software from directly in the PDA, without having to synch it and
    install from a larger computer like in PALM?

    What's the best PDA with a backlit keyboard, cursive handwriting
    software, and can synch with a Macintosh?

    TIA!!!

  2. Re: SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard? Better than IPAQ or PALM?

    On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:13:09 -0600, Zello Yello wrote:

    > SHARP ZAURUS - Backlit Keyboard?

    No.

    > Better than IPAQ or PALM?

    Depends on your wants in a PDA.

    > How well does the SHARP ZAURUS synch with a Macintosh?

    That depends what applications you want it to sync with. The Zaurus has a
    simple Samba configuration on it, so you can easily trade files back and
    forth.

    > Which ones have a Backlit Keyboard?

    None that I've ever seen.

    > Does it work like a real computer, where I can download and install
    > software from directly in the PDA, without having to synch it and
    > install from a larger computer like in PALM?

    Yes. The Zaurus PDAs are like small Linux laptops.

    > What's the best PDA with a backlit keyboard, cursive handwriting
    > software, and can synch with a Macintosh?

    No PDA exists that meets that criteria.

+ Reply to Thread