How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD? - Palmtop ; How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD? Does it System CRASH or break easy? How is the DECUMA handwriting recognition software? Can you write cursive and have it recognize it? Thanks for advice and opinions! .................................................. ............... ...

  1. How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    Does it System CRASH or break easy?

    How is the DECUMA handwriting recognition software?

    Can you write cursive and have it recognize it?

    Thanks for advice and opinions!

  2. Re: How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    Wilbur wrote:
    > How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    I like mine. I think my biggest beef is the size of the screen. These
    tired eyes don't see like they used to!

    > Does it System CRASH or break easy?

    Hardly ever for me. But I wonder if that isn't at least partially
    because I have settled into a 'comfort zone' and rarely install new
    stuff anymore. Also, I have dropped it several times but it just keeps
    on ticking!

    > How is the DECUMA handwriting recognition software

    Haven't played with it much. I use the keyboard or Graffiti mostly

    > Can you write cursive and have it recognize it?

    Not sure. Maybe someone else will answer that.

  3. Re: How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    Wilbur wrote:
    > How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    I like mine. I think my biggest beef is the size of the screen. These
    tired eyes don't see like they used to!

    > Does it System CRASH or break easy?

    Hardly ever for me. But I wonder if that isn't at least partially
    because I have settled into a 'comfort zone' and rarely install new
    stuff anymore. Also, I have dropped it several times but it just keeps
    on ticking!

    > How is the DECUMA handwriting recognition software

    Haven't played with it much. I use the keyboard or Graffiti mostly

    > Can you write cursive and have it recognize it?

    Not sure. Maybe someone else will answer that.

  4. Re: How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    >How is the SONY CLIE U-PEG 50x with Built-in KEYBOARD?

    I have had mine for about 2 years now. Could not be happier. Only complaint is that I can't figure out how to make the keyboard
    light up... which it does. That wouldn't make it easier for keying at night or low light situations. Would recommend buying the
    extended battery addon. Usually about another 150.00 US dollars when you can find it.

    >Does it System CRASH or break easy?

    I only had one or two occassions where I lost things. And yes it was because I was installing this and that and everything. Since
    then, I started using a quality backup program and of course as it would happen... no more problems. But I have my backups just in
    case. LOL.

    >How is the DECUMA handwriting recognition software?

    The handwriting software is excellent, but admittedly I use the heck out of the keyboard.

    >Can you write cursive and have it recognize it?

    I don't think so, but I think you could teach it to recognize it.

    BChase
    bsc7080mqcXX@myoracleportal.com
    (remove XX to contact)

    Resource Library is now Online @ http://www.MyOraclePortal.com