I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E) - Palmtop ; Hi, everyone I am graduate student from Northwest Missouri State University. Currently I am doing a project on Palm Pilot. I need to develop a game for Palm Pilot. For that I need some resources i.e., tools and resources on ...

  1. I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    Hi, everyone I am graduate student from Northwest Missouri State
    University. Currently I am doing a project on Palm Pilot. I need to
    develop a game for Palm Pilot. For that I need some resources i.e.,
    tools and resources on how to work with gaming part. Please anyone who
    can help me reagarding this I will be greatful. My requirement is:
    Tools for developing a game for Palm Pilot nad reources from where I
    can learn about those tools. Atleast some resources from where I can
    get any information regarding game development for Palm Pilot

  2. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    wrote in message
    news:1162486520.260407.200220@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...

    > Please anyone who
    > can help me reagarding this I will be greatful. My requirement is:
    > Tools for developing a game for Palm Pilot nad reources from where I
    > can learn about those tools. Atleast some resources from where I can
    > get any information regarding game development for Palm Pilot

    I found the file Palm_OS_5_SDK__68K__R3.exe at site www.palmos.com as a good
    place to start. It's free.

  3. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    kaspi16@gmail.com wrote:

    What kind of game? Shoot-em-up arcade style? Role playing? Other?

    A very quick and easy way to get started is with Quartus Forth. A free
    demo is available at:

    http://quartus.net/products/forth/

    You can write all the programs you want, but you cannot create
    stand-alone executables unless you buy the product. Not a bad deal.

    One unique feature of Quartus Forth is you can write your programs
    using just a Palm, if you wish.

    Doug Hoffman

  4. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    There is also a version of basic called izibasic from aldweb.com. There
    is a yahoo group for discussions and support, and periodic newsletters
    available there as well. Not sure how performance is, if you are
    thinking of building a high-speed interactive game - but you might post
    some questions on the yahoo group.

    Dan

    kaspi16@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, everyone I am graduate student from Northwest Missouri State
    > University. Currently I am doing a project on Palm Pilot. I need to
    > develop a game for Palm Pilot. For that I need some resources i.e.,
    > tools and resources on how to work with gaming part. Please anyone who
    > can help me reagarding this I will be greatful. My requirement is:
    > Tools for developing a game for Palm Pilot nad reources from where I
    > can learn about those tools. Atleast some resources from where I can
    > get any information regarding game development for Palm Pilot

  5. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    Actually I am supposed to develop a game for 4th grade which should
    educational and fun too. So, the game should be something like an
    arcade type or something like the Oregon Trail game. For that I should
    be able to deal with databases also.

    My idea is to develop an arcade type of game including the use of
    databases too. Your help on this will be greatful.

    dhoffman@talkamerica.net wrote:
    > kaspi16@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > What kind of game? Shoot-em-up arcade style? Role playing? Other?
    >
    > A very quick and easy way to get started is with Quartus Forth. A free
    > demo is available at:
    >
    > http://quartus.net/products/forth/
    >
    > You can write all the programs you want, but you cannot create
    > stand-alone executables unless you buy the product. Not a bad deal.
    >
    > One unique feature of Quartus Forth is you can write your programs
    > using just a Palm, if you wish.
    >
    > Doug Hoffman

  6. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    I would more likely to develop the game on PC create stand-alone
    executables and install and run them on Palm. So, can you help me on
    this?

    Please let me know
    dhoffman@talkamerica.net wrote:
    > kaspi16@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > What kind of game? Shoot-em-up arcade style? Role playing? Other?
    >
    > A very quick and easy way to get started is with Quartus Forth. A free
    > demo is available at:
    >
    > http://quartus.net/products/forth/
    >
    > You can write all the programs you want, but you cannot create
    > stand-alone executables unless you buy the product. Not a bad deal.
    >
    > One unique feature of Quartus Forth is you can write your programs
    > using just a Palm, if you wish.
    >
    > Doug Hoffman

  7. Re: I need help on programming for Palm Pilot (Tungsten E)

    I am not sure how portable the languages are - or rather, the resulting
    programs and their various interfaces - screen, keyboard, etc.

    You could install the Palm emulator or simulator that is available on
    your PC - develop there - and move the resulting programs to the palm.
    But you would still be limited by Palm screen size, etc, during
    development. Not sure if you wanted PC development for a more robust
    and functional development environment, or some other reasin. I would
    check the web sites or forums for the various suggested languages for
    info on portability.

    BTW - I said there was a yahoo group for izibasic - I was thinking of
    something else - a PC basic called Liberty Basic - but I don't think
    there is a Palm version of that. I would check the izibasic web site
    for info on discussion groups, etc.

    Dan

    kumar wrote:
    > I would more likely to develop the game on PC create stand-alone
    > executables and install and run them on Palm. So, can you help me on
    > this?
    >
    > Please let me know

+ Reply to Thread